20

*Third Person's POV*

Dawn and Barry were watching 'Once Upon A Time' on TV while Caitlin baked a cake in the kitchen.

The two of them decided to watch the series together on every Thursday and Cailtin was forced to endure his presence every week. She didn't have much to say in this because Dawn firmly announced their decision.

Oh and the fact that Caitlin's one part, very little one, somehow was glad of this decision.

She hated the way her heart fluttered when she was around her once true love. She hated that he could make her feel this way. She hated that after all this years, after all the heartbreaks, her heart still yearned for him.

"Cait, aren't you joining us?"

Oh yeah, I'd like that. She thought half bitterly and shook her head. "I'm a little caught up here." She gave him a tight smile. Barry scratched the back of his neck and decided not to say anything more.

"Sunshine, move, please." Caitlin told the puppy on the floor in front of her. She almost stepped on her. The dog moved away and layed down on the couch next to Dawn.

She finished baking and sat down next to her daughter. Barry smiled at her which she answered with a small nod.

Dawn left for bathroom and Caitlin gazed at Barry. She felt horrible so she spoke up. "Barry... Shouldn't you be spending time with Nora? Instead of Dawn..."

Barry glanced at her with suprise. Then he chuckled. "First off, I like spending time with Dawn. And second, it was Nora's idea to watch the series with Dawn. We saw it on Youtube and I said how Dawn would like this show. Nora suggested that I watch it with her. And I believe me, I like watching it with her."

He words sounded so genuine that Caitlin bit her lip from nervousness. "Dawn told me you showed her your favourite musical..."

Scarlet speedster grinned. "She loved it! But Nora not so much. Iris doesn't like musicals much either, so I'm not surprised."

Caitlin only nodded. "Look, Dawn got that from her daddy!" Frost snarkyly remarked. Caitlin groaned in her mind and wished she could punch her meta alter ego.

"Go to sleep, Frost." She muttered.

"Oh, but I'm having so much fun! Barry loves musicals and now so does Dawn! I remember you two watching it together!" She said in high-pitched voice. Caitlin rolled her eyes.

"At least someone's enjoying my struggles here."

"Well, of course! Although, I have to ask you something, Caity. Have you thought that Barry might be Dawn's father? I mean they have same eye color, love for musicals, both are speedsters and Dawn has his determination to help anyone in need. She's more cheery while I think you're a little grumpy. Don't take it to heart, though. You're fun too." She chuckled. "I mean, anyone can realise that they're father and daughter! Do something about it! Because if you don't want your child to spend more time with Barry, you have to do something about it fast. She's growing close to him and it would break her when we'll move to National City!"

Her words stung Caitlin. Her sister was right and she had to do something about it. But what?! She was already doing enough damage of hidding truth from them. Dawn wanted a father and she didn't know that he was so close to her.

"What am I supposed to do, Frost?! I'm keeping them from each other enough! I'm starting to think that I should tell them the truth because they deserve to know and I'm quite horrible person for hiding it! And I'm lost, okay?! I have no idea what to do! And I need to think about it. Stop telling me anything like that and give me a good advice if you have one!"

Frost didn't answer at that. Caitlin's mind fell into silence. Now she noticed Barry's and Dawn's concerned looks. They both realised she was talking to Frost. None of them asked questions, they silently turned to TV and continued to watch.

Caitlin felt horrible. She kissed her daughter's forehead and walked in her room.

Barry was left alone with little Snow whi was starting to fall asleep on his lap. "Dawn, let's watch it the next time, all right?"

Dawn only nodded sleepily. She smiled at Barry and slowly closed her eyes. "Goodnight, dad..." She mumbled and drifted to sleep.

Barry statued on the spot. Dawn just called him... She just called him... Dad.

He slowly lifted the girl in her arms, walked in her room and placed her on the bed. He tucked her in the blanket and watched her calm, sleeping face.

To logically think, she looked a lot like him. Especially with her eyes. With her magnificent green eyes. The one that Iris remarked, looked a lot like him.

And to think that she was only a month younger than Nora...

Could Caitlin really...

Was Dawn...

He had to talk to Caitlin. He had this talk with himself for thousands of times. He thought Dawn could be his daughter for lots of time. But he always threw that idea away. He always backed away.

Barry knocked on the door of Caitlin's room and when granted permission, he walked in. "Cait? We need to talk."

Caitlin seemed statled but then nodded. "Dawn's alseep." He informed. She nodded again. "While falling asleep, she called me... Dad."

Caitlin flinched. Visible flinched at let out a small gasp too. Then she bit her lip and said. "She probably didn't realise what she said. She has been mentioning her dad lately and that's probably why."

Barry doubted it. "Who's her father, Cait?"

"I told you already. No one important." She greeted her teeth.

"Oh come on! Am I really her father?!" Barry's voice raised. Caitlin's brow rose and she crossed her arms while standing up.

"Why do you care?! It's none of your business, Barry! Dawn is my daughter and anything about her has nothing to do with you!" She yelled, equally angry.

"If I'm her father then dam well it's my business! It has everything to do with me!" He angered.

"Her father?! Barry you already have a daughter! You should take care of her instead of being with mine! Dawn will be gone from your life very soon and it's for your own good if you'll keep your distance!"

"What do you mean?"

Caitlin glared at him. "Stop pretending! I told you that we would be leaving after you defeat the Speed Freak! Only reason we're here and only reason we ever crossed our pathes after so many years!"

Barry took a step forward. "Can't you stay? We're not together anymore, Cait. You don't love me and I understand that. You don't have to leave because of me. You're family and friends are here."

Caitlin's face reddened. "My family is Dawn and Cisco and my mom are mostly with us all the time." She bit off. "And none of the so called family ever contacted me while living in National City. They surely would've known something about me! You haven't talked to me either! Have you even cared that I left?! Days before you were saying you loved me but once I left you were more free! Admit it, Barry. I was only holding you back."

Barry was shocked. He stared at her with bunch of emotions mixing in his mind. He never visited her everyday since she left, watching her from a far. But he never her the courage to talk to her. Because he thought she hated him. That's why he never called her. He thought that letting her move on was the best thing. That she was better off without him.

And like then, he didn't tell her anything now either. He just opened the door and left, leaving Caitlin alone in her room. Her head rested on the edge of her bed while she sat on the floor. Tears came flowing like a river and she felt herself drift into sadness and yet again, familiar heartbreake.