8

*Third Person's POV*

"So you're saying our mysterious speedster is a professor from Coast City Univeristy?" Caitlin concluded when Iris and Cisco finished talking.

"Mm-hmm." Cisco hummed.

"And he too hasn't been seen right?" Barry added.

"Exactly." Iris nodded.

"Okay, we're visiting his lab!" Caitlin announced with a clap of her hands.

"What?" Ralph stared at her in confusion.

"That's actually a good idea. But elaborate." Barry told her.

Caitlin started talking. "We should visit his lab because we can find some useful info or some object that can help us. If we'll find an DNA example there then I can make tests and see if it matches with our speedster. We can also search for his assitant and talk to him. Maybe he can tell us about Milton's whereabouts."

Ralph's eyes widened in understatement. "That makes sense. You and Barry are good at DNA and crime things and all, you should go." He pointed at the two.

Caitlin fought the urge to punch him. Last thing she needed was to spend time with Barry.

"Why don't you come with us? You're a detective, aren't you?" She told him through greeted teeth.

Ralph shook his head. "No, no. I'm meeting Sue."

"Cisco?" Now she turned to him who also shook his head in disagreement.

"I've already had my time in Coast City, besides Gipsy's still here." He responded.

"Iris, will you come?" Barry asked her this time.

"I'll stay with the kids and do some research." She answered with a smile.

"It's her turn to babysit now!" Ralph said while Iris rolled her eyes.

Barry turned to Caitlin. "Shall we go?"

Caitlin had no other choice but to nod her head and walk out with him. "I'll just tell Dawn." She muttered and walked towards the kitchen were the two girls were.

The drive to the Coast City was quiet and calm until Barry spoke up. "So, anything new in your life? Other than having a daughter of course." He smiled sheepishly.

Caitlin blushed slightly and shook her head. "That's the biggest change." She responded. "But I'm guessing you only asked that because we don't have any topic to talk about." She took her eyes from the road only for a second.

Barry let out a small laugh. "You're right. What happened to us? We used to talk so easily."

Do you really don't know? Caitlin's look said.

"Iris being pregnant, breaking up, you moving away, finding out you're pregnant and so on! Should I tell him?" Frost's jumped in her mind. Caitlin glared at her alter ago. "Shut up, Frost."

"Still talking to Frost?" Barry questioned.

"Yes, she's being annoying." She answered.

"I always loved how you two still got along." He told her but Caitlin didn't say anything in response.

"Can I ask you something, that you don't have to answer?" Caitlin turned to look at Barry.

"My least favourite kind of question. Shoot." Barry smiled slightly at her answer.

"Who's Dawn's father?"

Caitlin tried to not take her hands of the steer so they wouldn't have some fatal car accident. She thought for a moment and answered.