Master of Coin

Tywin sat at his desk while Tyrion sat across from him, the hand of the King no more.

'The badge looks good on you,' he told his father 'almost as good as it looked on me. Are you enjoying your new position?'

'Am I enjoying it?' tywin questioned.

'I was very happy.' Tyrion reminded him.

'Yes I know how happy you were you brought a whore into my bed.' Tywin snapped.

'It wasn't your bed at the time.' Tyrion reminded him. Daphne was the one good thing in his life he was not about to apologize for it.

'I sent you here to advise the king I gave you real power and authority. You chose to spend your days as you always have bedding harlots and drinking with thieves.' Tywin declared thoroughly annoyed.

'Occasionally I drink with the harlots.' Tyrion teased.

'What do you want Tyrion?' Tywin questioned as he poured wax on his scroll sealing it closed with the hand of the King stamp.

'Why does everyone always assume I want something?' Tyrion questioned, 'cant I simply visit with my beloved father. My beloved father who somehow forgot to visit his wounded son after he fell in the battlefield....'

'Master pycelle assured me your wounds were not fatal.' Tywin told him.

'I nearly got my head chopped in half!' Tyrion reminded him.

'yes, nearly.' Tywin agreed. 'Unfortunately Stannis's men were not more skilled.' Tywin sneered. Tyrion scoffed not believing his ears.

'I organized the defense of the city while you were caught in the ruins of harrenhal. I led the armies when the enemies were at the gate while your grandson, the king quivered in fear behind the walls. I bled in the mud for our family and as my reward I was trundled off to some doctor but what do I want? A little bloody gratitude would be a start!' Tyrion declared.

'Jugglers and singers require applause you are a Lannister. Do you think I demanded a garland of roses every time I suffered a wound on the battlefield?'tywin asked with a deep sigh of annoyance. 'Now I have seven kingdoms to look after and three of them are in an open rebellion so tell me what you want?'

'I want what is mine by right. Jaime is your eldest son heir to lands and titles but he is of the kings guard forbidden from marriage or inheritance, the day Jaime put on the white cloak he gave up his claim to Castlery rock I am your son and lawful heir.' Tyrion reminded him.

'You want Castlery rock?' tywin questioned incredulously.

'It is mine by right.' Tyrion told him

'We will find you accommodations more suited to your name and as a reward for your accomplishments during the battle of Blackwater bay and when the time is right you'll be given a position fit for your talents... so that you can serve your family and protect our legacy. If you serve faithfully you will be rewarded with a suitable wife. I would let myself be consumed by maggots before mocking the family name and making you out as lord of Castlery rock.' Tywin informed him.

'Why?' Tyrion asked desperately.

'Why?' he shouted 'you ask that? You who killed your mother to come into the world you are a Lannister, made spiteful little creature full of envy lust and low cunning. Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine.' Tywin told him, 'to teach me humility that the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion... that was my father's and his father before him but neither the grander or lesser men will ever compel me to let you turn Castlery rock into your whore house!' Tywin declared. 'Go now.' He demanded. 'And speak no more of your rights to castlery rock Go.' Begrudgingly tyrion got up leaving

Tywin sat at the head of the table as the other masters followed in taking their seats. Tyrion and Cersei took the seats as well but Cersei moved her chair to sit at her father's right side. Tyrion took his chair and moved it as well, it scraped along the floor to the opposite end head of the table.

'Intimate. Lovely. The table And chairs are better than the old small council chamber conveniently closer to your own quarters. I like it.' Tyrion noted getting comfortable.

'What news of Jaime?' Tywin said looking around the table '20,000 unwashed northerners have known about the escape for weeks, collectively you control more spies and informants than the rest of the world combined.' Tywin reminded them getting more and more aggravated by the moment. 'do you mean to tell me that none of you have any motion of where he is?"

'We are trying my Lord' Varys said 'there's the-'

'Try harder.' he demanded 'what do we have then?'

'Robb stark and most of his Bannerman are in the riverrunn for the funeral of his grandfather Lord Tully and in the starks absence Bolton holds Harrenhal. Which would seem to make him Lord of Harrenhal in practice if not in-'

'The name suits our purposes, more on that useless pile of rubble the Lord of Harrenhal will make a worthy suitor for the widow Ayryn.' Tywin told Petyr.

'For which I am extremely grateful to you my lord...' Petyr said 'Lady Aryn and I have known each other since we were children she has always been positively predisposed towards me-'

'Make it work, Lord Baelish.' Tywin snapped.

'Titles do seem to breed titles.' Petyr acknowledged.

'You will leave for the erie as soon as possible and bring lysa aryn into the fold and the young wolf can add the Aryns to the list of people who is taking up arms against him.' Tywin informed him.

'Far be it for me to hinder true love,' tyrion added 'but Lord Baelish's absence would present certain problems the royal wedding may end up being the most expensive event in living memory. Summer has ended hard days are a head. It is not a good time to leave the kings crowns finances unattended.' Tyrion reminded them.

'Fully agreed' Pycelle said

'Which is why I'm naming you new master of coin' tywin told him.

'Master of coin?' Tyrion questioned

'it seems to me that is the best position that suits your talents.' Tywin added smugly .

'No I'm quite good at spending money.' Tyrion reminded him, 'but a lifetime of outrageous spending has not taught me about managing it.'

'I have no doubt he will prove equal to this challenge.' Cersei told him