The Angle Rapters (Stpry 3 - Chapter 3)

Start from the beginning

Dexx had been a little startled with the question, the Anglerfish demon unsure of why he was so nervous and anxious in the first place. 

“Well, you know we’re having a child, and we’ve been living together since that night on the riverboat. I think it’s pretty obvious what I’m planning to do with your daughter” said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon trying to feel a boost of his normal everyday confidence. 

Dexx suddenly froze up and cringed when he realized what and how he said it, the Anglerfish demon’s ears lowering all the way as he quickly glanced away from Thorn. 

Thorn could only stare at him, his eye sockets narrowed, his Thunder Falcon giving him the same look. 

“Let me be more specific, are you planning on marrying her? You could probably stay dating forever, but I’d rather have you two get married as opposed to raising a child as boyfriend and girlfriend” said Thorn, the Skeletal Viking demon narrowing his eye sockets further, making them look a lot more hollow and emotionless. 

Dexx chuckled nervously before nodding, the Anglerfish demon realizing he had yet to ask Venno’s father for her hand in marriage, but he had a feeling he would have been alright with it anyway if he was here asking him this question. 

“Actually, the funny thing about that” said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon trailing off as he quickly took the small box out of his jacket pocket and opened it to show Thorn the ring. 

Thorn’s eyes widened when he saw the design of the ring, his Thunder Falcon seeming to nod in approval.

“Huh, so must be really serious then if you bought a ring like that” said Thorn. 

Dexx chuckled, now feeling more comfortable talking to Venno’s father. 

“I actually had it custom made with her birthstone on it, that way it would feel a lot more personal to her than just a normal diamond. It doesn’t really matter what the ring looks like, though, I just wanted to be able to show her how much I love her and how serious I am about being with her and our child. I want her to see how far I’d go just to make her happy” said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon feeling a little prideful about the part with the ring before feeling genuine about the last part. 

Thorn appeared shocked when he heard this, the Skeletal Viking demon about to say something when Rad suddenly interrupted, the Toxic Sludge demon slamming his hands down at the table he was at as he quickly stood up. 

“You’re going to marry my sister?” shouted Rad happily, the Toxic Sludge demon looking overjoyed about this. 

Everyone in the room was startled by this outburst, causing everyone to turn their attention to Dexx, the Anglerfish demon’s ears lowering once again when he saw that all of the attention was on him. 

“Wow, really man? That’s great” exclaimed DJ, the Neon demon smiling proudly as Barry nodded in agreement. 

“It’s about time you two got married” said Barry. 

Everyone began to gather around the table Dexx and Thorn were sitting at hoping to see the ring, and the second they laid their eyes upon the thing in its box, everyone was just as surprised as Thorn. 

“Wow man, you got this custom made?” asked Scott, the Possum demon looking impressed. 

Dexx nodded, the Anglerfish demon a little uncomfortable now that everyone had gathered around to ask him questions. 

Jerry slowly wheeled his wheelchair over to where everyone was at, the Spider demon approaching with a much more calm demeanor than the others while Thorn sat back and watched with a light chuckle.