"Why do you need Gabriel here? It's because of what Ciri said about him?" Yennefer gave Geralt confused look.
"No, it's not that." Geralt straightened himself in the bed to have a better look at her.
"Then what is it?" she was still confused.
"Before me and Ciri met Gabriel, we also met Yarpen Zigrin in the tavern. He asked me to help him find some old notes so he can make a new swords. These notes are somewhere in Elf's old ruins and I'm sure that place is filled with monsters and also deadly traps. That's why I'm very concerned about it." Geralt explained.
"Well, I didn't expect Yarpen will offer you this job.." Yennefer was a little bit surprised.
"I didn't expect it too, that's why I wanted to discuss it with you first. I said no, but guess who didn't.." Geralt shaked his shoulders.
"Ciri." she said thoughtfully. He nodded.
"I don't know what's going on with her.. She's been acting really strange. She's literally looking for a danger. She's like.." Geralt started searching for the right words.
"Like she wants to run away, see the whole world and come back twenty years later?" Yennefer raised her eyebrow.
"Hmm.. yes." Geralt agreed a bit surprised that she noticed it too.
"I've always known that she has it inside of her. Passion for exploring and dangerous adventures. The moment I met her for the first time I've known this girl needs to be free all the time. I was wondering when this day will come but as I see it came sooner that we expected." Yennefer explained.
"What we gonna do with her?" Geralt asked her honestly.
"Nothing. We just have to give her space and when she decide to leave one day.." Yennefer hesitated. "We have to let her go.." she smiled but her eyes were sad.
"I don't know if I'm ready to let her go.." Geralt said sadly. He looked straight into her eyes. "Are you ready for this?" his voice was unsure. Yennefer sat down on the edge of the bed and took his hand.
"Ready to spend years without my child?" she squeezed his hand. "Who's gonna be ever ready for this?" she was trying to hold her tears.
"Well, we certainly won't.." Geralt laughed a bit, then he caressed her face with his hand.
"No, we won't. Never." the tear rolled down her face.
"Hey, no tears Yen. Not yet. She's still here with us." Geralt swapped away her tear from hers cheek. He pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly.
"Why must time flows so quickly when we're happy and so slowly when we're not?" Yennefer raised her eyes on him then snuggled closer to him.
"I don't know." Geralt kissed her forehead. "But sometimes I wish time to stop for a while.. so I could enjoy those happy moments forever." he admitted.
"Me too.." Yennefer nodded. Then she slowly pulled from him so she could have a better look at him. "Why did you say no to Yarpen? I know that's not because you didn't ask for my permission first." she was curious but also knew him too well.
"I said no because I have my family to take care of. I don't want to risk my life when we have Rience behind our back." the witcher was honest.
"I'm glad you put our family on the first place." Yennefer said honestly and then she kissed him on his lips. In that moment the doors opened.

"I wonder what was so urgent that he needed to came here." Ciri said sarcastically. They both stood up not far from the their bed. Gabriel didn't say anything on her comment. Geralt cleared his throat.
"I want you to visit Yarpen and ask for details, so we can prepare on our mission." Geralt smiled at her. He straightened himself.
"Wait.. you're agreed on this eventually?" Ciri eyes started shining.
"Yes." Geralt was smiling.
"Thank you so much Geralt! How can I.." Geralt interrupted her.
"But only under one condition." he stated.
"What condition?" Ciri got confused.
"Gabriel gonna go with you, and no just to visit Yarpen. He's gonna go everywhere with you until we won't take care of Rience." Geralt told her calmly. Ciri head almost spun in that moment. Gabriel was speechless.
"No." she managed say at least this word.
"It's not safe Ciri. Rience's men are everywhere. I don't want anything happen to you, neither him." Geralt was serious.
"I said no." Ciri stated. She could feel her heart beating in her throat. This was too much even on her.
"Ciri.." Geralt warned her.
"I'll do it." Gabriel answered without more interest. Ciri looked at Gabriel. His voice upset her even more.
"I don't want to go with him anywhere." Ciri said angrily. "And how can you be so sure he's telling the truth and that he didn't think out all of this?!" she turned to Geralt. She started to be irritated. Geralt looked at Yennefer helpless. She understood.
"We don't know anything about him and you let him right into our house?!" Ciri raised her voice.
"Enough, young lady. Your father said something and you're gonna respect him. He wouldn't do anything to harm you, you know that better than anyone." Yennefer said strictly.
"But.." Yennefer cut her.
"No but.. Gabriel and you gonna go everywhere together and you're gonna protect each other if it would be necessary. Those are our last words." Yennefer stated. Ciri frowned.
"And stop making those faces." Yennefer admonished her. Ciri rolled her eyes, then she turned out angrily and stormed out from the room without another words.
"I guess she doesn't like me too much." Gabriel added.
"She needs time Gabriel." Geralt explained.
"And who doesn't?" the young witcher answered a bit irritated.
"Go visit Yarpen with her now. Please." Geralt told him seriously.
"Alright then." he said without emotions and left the room.
Geralt and Yennefer looked at each other questionably.