Back to normal

ROSEMARY AND THYME - Novigrad

"You should have seen your face when I told you that.. I really thought you gonna kill me." Geralt said with laughing. He already told Yennefer everything what happened last weeks. He was laying in the bed covered with blanket. His wounds were bounded and healing slowly but he started feeling a bit stronger. Yennefer was sitting on the chair opposite to the bed with Jahve sleeping in her arms. She was caressing his curly hair. Yesterday, after the curse was broken she went to see him and since that Jahve didn't move from her even on minute.
"I can imagine.." Yennefer laughed. "But what I don't understand what took us so long to end up in the bed.. I mean, almost a whole week? I don't recognize us.." she made amused smile.
"Well, that was your fault because you were stubborn as mutton and you didn't want to trust me.." Geralt was teasing her.
"Excuses and excuses.. you should have try to use your brilliant charm on me then.." Yennefer laughed and shaked her head.
"Oh, believe me, I did.. but I had to try much more on you." Geralt smiled amusedly. Yennefer then slowly stood up and went towards bed. She put Jahve into middle of the bed next to Geralt and lay down to them. She kissed Jahve's forehead, he was still sleeping like a wood and then looked into Geralt's eyes.
"Thank you.. that you didn't give it up with me." she said honestly.
"I'll never give it up with you Yen.. no matter what happen." Geralt smiled at her and reached her hand with his and caressed it. Yennefer snuggled closer to Jahve and Geralt did the same.
"I love you so much.." Yennefer whispered. Geralt didn't say anything. He didn't have to, his smile was telling everything. They both were staring into each others eyes and holding their hands above their little son. The world around them stopped for a second. Then they both fell asleep peacefully.

Yennefer woke up early. She sat down on the edge of bed and stretched her back. She slowly stood up and looked at the bed. She smiled under her nose. Geralt and Jahve were in the same positions like they fell asleep. They looked so adorable. She then went to change her clothes and fix her face. She was surprised that Geralt still didn't wake up. His ears were very sensitive on every noise because of his witcher's abilities. If she wouldn't see little movements of his chest due breathing, she would think he is dead. She had to really exhausted him, Yennefer thought. She then decided to not wake them up and let the sleep properly. After all what she put them through, they both deserved it. She left from the room.
Yennefer was going through the corridor upstairs when she stopped for a moment and looked out from the window. She was looking at two men whom were shouting at themselves for no reasons. She wanted to continue in her way but then she spotted an owl sitting on the tree opposite to the window. Yennefer didn't say anything and she went to the random free room. She entered inside and opened the window, then she sat down on the bed. She was waiting.
After couple of minutes the owl entered inside and suddenly Philippa Eilhart was standing in front of Yennefer.

"What are you doing here Philippa?" Yennefer looked at her without emotions and crossed her arms.
"I expected more warmth welcome.. but at least I have a proof that you're the same old yourself again." Philippa said honestly.
"You don't care about me for decades.. but now you suddenly know what happened to me.." Yennefer used ironic tone.
"I know many things, Yennefer.. but if you want to know it so desperately as I see it on your face.. the Lodge was informed about your condition." Philippa faked her smile. Triss must told her, Yennefer thought.
"But I'm here to offer you something." Philippa explained.
"I'm listening." Yennefer pretended interest.
"You're not safe in Novigrad anymore, maybe Geralt told you that already.."
"No, he didn't.. but it still doesn't explain your unexpected interest about me." Yennefer gave her a suspicious look.
"Rience's men will start looking for all of you soon, that's why you can't stay here much longer. But as I know you, you already realized this.." Philippa raised her eyebrow.
"To the point Philippa." Yennefer gave her angry look. She wasn't really a person whom like to wait on someone or something.
"I know a place.. or more specifically I own a house where you can stay hidden and live your life peacefully until you and I won't figure out what is Rience planning next. We both know he will take revenge for what you did to him." Philippa was serious.
"Well, thank you that you're taking care of my life.." Yennefer said sarcastically. "But I still don't get it why would you help me.." she stood up from the bed and looked straight into Philippa's eyes.
"Don't flatter yourself.. if this would be only about you Yennefer, I wouldn't give a shit.. I'm doing it because of Ciri. She is still a member of the Lodge and she's also important to the this Continent. I need to protect her.. the Lodge needs to protect her." Philippa smirked.
"Geralt and I are not a threat to her and we never will be." Yennefer's purple eyes flashed.
"But you're a threat for a Rience and that means Cirilla is also in danger when she's still with you both." Philippa said strictly.
"What do you want for that?" Yennefer knew her too well.
"I need somebody who will lecture magic on Oxenfurt academy and you're very suitable for this job." Philippa answered calmly.
"So, that house is in Oxenfurt then.." Yennefer said thoughtfully.
"I always admire how intelligent you can be Yennefer when you're not pissing everyone with your lofty behavior." Philippa admitted.
Yennefer ignored her comment.
"Let's say I would accept your offer, how often do I have to lecture those stupidness?" Yennefer said confidently. But deep down in heart heart she hated this situation, she hated that Philippa's offer was her only solution how to protect her family now.
"Just twice a week until we won't solve those issues with Rience.. unless you don't want to become a Rectoress.." Philippa smiled under her nose.
"No, twice a week will be enough." Yennefer faked her smile.
"Then we have a deal. You will lecture magic and I will try to find Rience. Maybe you don't know it but he literally disappeared from earth's surface.. but the Lodge already started looking for him and I as well." Philippa stated.
"You meant, you and Dijkstra.." Yennefer said ironically. Philippa sighed.
"Why is everyone sticking their noses into relationship which is already dead. But if this would be true it's still not in your business." Philippa said a bit angrily. Yennefer got her answer. She continued.
"I've never thought I will ever say that to you.. but thank you Philippa." Yennefer was honest.
"Don't thank me. Thank your special daughter." Philippa for the first time smiled honestly.