They made their way through the walkways silently, distant sounds of fighting echoed through the stone walls, Kyra skidded to a halt and glanced out the window to the courtyard below and noticed the gates were still open with Gwaine and Elyan struggling to push the forces back. She took off in a sprint, taking the stairs two at a time before she jumped to the bottom and threw the door open, running towards her brother. She ducked beneath his arm to stab an errant soldier, before she straightened up and continued fighting, "What happened?!" she yelled over the clanging of swords,  Elyan kicked another soldier back with a grunt, "we couldn't get the bloody gates closed!" he yelled back angrily, Gwaine pulled Kyra behind him and parried a blow aiming for her head.  "I can see that much!" she grunted and spun around behind Gwaine to stab at another soldier. Kyra looked up and saw the counterweight that held the gate open, Gwaine followed her gaze and nodded before she ran behind him, she held her sword in both hands and swung with all her might, the blade gleamed against the torchlight as it sang through the air. "Move!" she yelled, Elyan grabbed Gwaine and threw themselves backwards as the rope snapped and the gates groaned closed as Morgana's men scrabbled to keep them open and squeeze through the narrowing gap.
Kyra turned to see Elyan and Gwaine grinning at her before they pulled her with them and took off running to the other side of the citadel, there, they found the others locked in combat.

Arthur swung and hacked as Morgana's men closed in around him, Percival threw men that dared come close, Leon dodged and weaved, stabbing any that escaped Percival. Gwaine, Elyan, Kyra and Merlin all ran to their aid and helped to force the attackers back. Soon they stood together, breathing heavily as they surveyed the bodies littered around them. They all grinned exhausted before looking down the street and seeing another wave of Soldiers incoming, "we just can't catch a break can we?" Percival sighed ruefully, Arthur got into a defensive position and stood ready, "on me!" he yelled and the group moved into a tight unit as the new soldiers reached them, forcing them apart slowly as they fought.
Kyra pulled her knife from her boot and fought with both, pulling a soldier in closer and stabbing with her knife. The endless stream of warriors continued, forcing the knights to cluster, Kyra glanced at Leon who towered above them with a murderous expression as he hacked and slashed. A white hot pain seared across her leg and she turned back to see a soldier gathering his strength for another swing, she stepped back as he swung and knocked his sword from his hand before driving her blade home through his chest and throwing him off with a grunt.

In the distance she could see a swarm of black coming up the street and her heart sank, the knights were slowly losing ground being forced back up towards the citadel.

Kyra gripped her sword tightly and took a shaky breath before she glanced back at the others who were struggling to keep the horde out. "Fall back to the Keep!" Arthur yelled as he pushed the others in front of him towards the heavy wooden doors that led inside the courtyard. Kyra snapped back as an angry yell signaled the arrival of yet another soldier, she parried his stunning blow, feeling the force ricochet down her arms. Dodging the next swing she thrust her sword into his side before kicking him away. Kyra ran towards the doors, hoping to stem the flow of men, she kicked and pushed, swinging her sword in an attempt to buy the others more time, the flash of a sword came from the corner of her eye and she tried to dodge the blows raining down, the ring of steel made her look up to see another sword protecting her. She whirled around to see Leon towering over her, he drove his sword through the soldier's neck before shooting Kyra a warning look, "watch your surroundings", she grinned at him from the corner of her eye and went back to stabbing and parrying. "There's too many of them, fall back!" Arthur yelled over his shoulder. "Go, I'll cover you" Kyra grunted kicking another in the chest, Leon rammed his blade through the man's throat, "you must be joking" he answered, pulling her out the way as he stabbed another, she swung around his back and parried a blow meant for Leon, he grabbed her hand and threw her back. She glared and shoved her blade through another soldier's neck. A blade sliced past Kyra's face, cutting her cheek, she felt the air leave her lungs in shock as Leon's sword pulled the blade away from her. She stood for a moment in shock before she snapped back and stabbed the man through the side. "we have to go" she yelled, Leon looked between her, the horde and the others running away into the citadel. "I agree" he said simply before he grabbed Kyra by the front of her chainmail and kissed her quickly, grinning down at her before he shoved her through the doors, she stumbled and fought for her balance before turning back towards the doors, bewildered at his behaviour.