I walked straight to the rooms to check them out. They were both the same size, both had a desk, an entertainment station, two dressers, and a queen size bed. Looking at both rooms I figured I’d take the back room for the simple fact the back room had a window that had a little window seat which had a great view for looking up at the stars at night, which I just so happen love to do. I placed my bags onto the bed as I walked back out to my car to retrieve the rest of my stuff.

It took me about 15 minutes to get everything in the house. Just as I was making my last trip back to the house I heard a horn honk and I turned around to see a black avalanche pull into my driveway.

When the door opened out stepped a tall guy about 6’0, with black short curly hair, he wore a blue tight shirt, it was obvious to see the guy wasn’t a stranger to a bench press, and he wore faded blue jeans. Getting out the car he stretched as the girls next door who were unpacking stopped what they were doing just to stare at him. He then dipped his head back into the car grabbing two bags and a cup holder with drinks.

I smiled as he walked up the sidewalk to my door, “You should have just taken off your shirt and washed your car right then to give my neighbors a heart attack, you know before school even starts, Max.”

“I thought I’d wait till it got hotter in a few weeks so I can strip down to nothing my all white boxer.” Max smirked as he leaned down and kissed me on my cheek.

“If that’s the case you should just do it butt ass naked and give every girl on this block a stroke.” I smiled as I walked back inside with Max following.

“Don’t tempt me Mel.” Max smiled as he walks in placing the food on the coffee table as he plops down on the couch.

“Nice place Mel it seems like you.” said Max as he bit into a burger that looked like it was bigger than his head.

I laughed, “What does that mean?”

In between chewing Max said, “Nothing it just seems so outdoorsy.”

I looked around, “I never thought of it like that, but now that you say it, it does seem outdoorsy.”

Max shoved a hand full of fries into his mouth as he says, “So how pissed are you about having a frat boy as a roommate?”

I looked at him and laughed, “I just don’t understand, like why I should have to be forced to bunk with a frat boy who is probably a massive douche and a fucking perverted pig. No offense but I have to say since I have to bunk with a frat douchebag I would have rather that it be you.”

Max smiled as he drank his soda, “None taken, but I agree. Sucks that I got my room assignment 2 weeks ago and my roommate isn’t planning on flaking any time soon.”

I took a sip of my drink and mumbled, “That’s only because Nicole thinks that she still has a shot in sleeping with you before Halloween.”

Max laughed, “I already told you my key isn’t going into her ignition, she has let so many guys take her for a spin I’m pretty sure her mileage is more than it should be.”

I had been drinking my lemonade and spit it out when Max said that. As I finally was about to catch my breath I said, “Even though that is so mean you’re right. That girl legs open and close more than a 24 hour Wal-Mart revolver door.” 

Max nodded wiping his mouth as he said, “My point exactly!”

We both laughed a bit as I bagged up the trash as Max says, “Well just know that if whoever is staying here that if he gives you trouble for you to call me.”

I looked at Max and smiled, “Will do.”

I was going through my purse when Max phone rang. Talking on it for a few minutes he got off and said, “Hey I have to make a store run, you want to ride?”

“Yeah, I have to get something to put in this fridge.”

“Alright then let’s go, I’ll drive.” Max grabbed his keys as I grabbed my purse. Opening the door for me I walked out the condo locking the door as we got into Max car and went to the store.

I’d been gone for about 45 minutes. Driving back up to the condo I noticed that there was a black expedition in the driveway, “Well I guess he’s here. Does the car look familiar?” I asked as I grabbed my bags.

Max leaned forward looking at the car, “Nope haven’t seen it before.”

Grabbing my purse I said, “Okay well call me later to let me know if we are still doing Denny’s in the morning.”

“Will do and you call me if you need anything?” 

“Roger that.” I smiled as I said bye and closed the door.

Max waited till I got inside my door then he drove off. When I walked in I heard the shower running so I yelled, “Hello is anyone here?” no one answered so I went and started putting up the few groceries.

The water shut off just as I started to put the fridge things up, I heard footsteps and said, “Hey I went to the store and grabbed a few things. Tomorrow I’m going to the store again so make a list if you want something.”

There was still no answer so I mumbled to myself, “Great they sent a mute person.”

“Do you always talk to yourself?” asked someone. I jumped hitting my head on the freezer door just as I hear a popping sound that a can was being open.

I turned around rubbing my head and started to say hi but I stopped as my eyes laid upon a guy who looked about give or take 6'0, his hair was dripping of water as my eyes scanned down to notice he was completely wet and naked. My jaw dropped, my face grew red, as the guy smiled and started drinking a beer. I quickly turned around facing the fridge as I screamed in my head    Holy shit!