"I'm doing just fine, I'm here to return these two books."

"Ah, you've finished them already!" She said, while she said this a boy had come through the door with some books in his hand too.

He looked like a greaser, he was a greaser but he was attractive like, soc attractive. I know that's mean! But I've never seen a greaser look so good.

I looked over to the boy and so did Mrs. Riley. The boy noticed me and waved shyly. I waved shyly back, smiling like an idiot. I looked away and blushed, boy was he cute.

He put his books on the counter.

"Hi, Mrs. Riley!" He said with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Good morning Ponyboy, you finished these books too?"

"Sure did! They were awesome this book is definitely one of my favorites now." He said exited and pointing down at a book, I read the title, Gone with the wind.

"That's funny! Delilah here is returning her books too." Mrs. Riley said

I turned to look at him as he turned to look at me too, we both smiled at each other and looked back at Mrs. Riley.

"You guys should talk while you look for books, I think you guys would like each other a lot, both huge book worms." She said as she winks at both of us walking away to stock shelves.

I looked at him, he turned to look at me as well.

"Well, shall we?" I said

"We shall." Ponyboy said with a huge wide smile on his face.

I couldn't help but smile too, his smile was contagious.

We started walking towards the shelves when he turned and spoke.

"What genre do you like best?" He asked interested.

"Fantasy, helps me escape reality." I said casually trying not to smile again for the millionth time already.

"Me too, let's go look there." 

He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the fantasy section. We started looking when he asked me.

"So your a soc, right?" Ponyboy asked politely, trying not to sound rude.

"Yeah unfortunately, I'm really not suppose to be talking to you but you seem nice and I don't care what my mom says." I said turning to meet his gaze, he has such pretty eyes.

He smiles turning back to the shelf. After a moment he turns back to speak.

"Yeah I'm surprised you are talking to me, considering I'm a greaser, obviously." He said smiling a weak smile.

"I don't care about that stupid social class, it shouldn't define who we are." I said looking at him with also a weak smile, trying to lighten his mood.

"What's your life like then, got any siblings?" Pony said turning his full attention towards me.

"Yeah actually I have two my brother Gabe and my sister Cherry."

"Your sister is Cherry valance? Your a valance?" He said shocked like he'd just seen a ghost.

"Yeah," I said weakly looking down at the ground, "I'm not like her though I'm not into going to parties and hang with other bitchy socs." I said looking back up at Pony who now had a sad smile on his face.

"I wasn't thinking that about you at all, I was actually surprised because you seem so different then her, I would've never guessed you guys were related." He said shyly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well thank you, most people judge me before they get to know me, thank you for not being like that." I smiled at him warmly

He smiled warmly back looking away, almost looked like he blushed a little.

"I have two older brothers, Darry and Sodapop." He said while grabbing a book and flipping through the pages.

"Oh yeah I know Sodapop, he works at the DX with, what's his name? Steve Randle, right?" I asked

"Yup, I'm surprised you mentioned Steve almost all girls only mention Soda." He said looking up at me from his book.

"I'm just full of surprises." I said while smiling at him.

"You really are." He said looking back down at his book, smiling.

We talked for another hour about our lives. He told me about how his parents died almost a year ago and how he has a gang but they're not really a gang just a friend group. I told him how my dad left shortly after Gabe was born and how Gabe is my only friend.

"Well now you have two friends, cause I'm your friend now." He said winking at me.

I blushed a little and smiled.

"Well it's nice to have another friend that isn't my brother."

We both laughed quietly.

"Well I better head out if my mom sees I'm talking to a greaser, she'll skin me and you both." I said chuckling trying to not make him nervous.

He nodded.

"Yeah me too, can we hang another time?" He asked hopping i answer with a good answer.

"Of course, if you're gonna be my friend we should hang anyway."

"Sweet! Hey speaking of hanging out, do you wanna go to the nightly double with me tomorrow?" He asked.

I smiled, already making more plans to hang? Gosh one way to make me fall to my knees. What?! I didn't think that. I just met him!

"Sure! I'd love to, see you then Ponyboy!"I said slowly walking out the door.

"Bye Delilah!" He yelled back making me flutter inside.

I have a friend and he's hot and he's as sweet as sugar! I'm scoring right now!

I smiled all the way back home thinking about my new friend.