Love Breaks Your Heart (Part 2) 💔❤️‍🔥

plot: Y/n breaks JJ's heart and she promises not to date anyone ever again as a punishment

word count: 4102

warning(s): a little swearing as usual

1 year later...

Normally at the age of 24, most people would've had a stable job, a permanent home, a lover, a supportive family. Well, I had close to none. Being a flight attendant was never easy, I'd bet all the flight attendants in the world would say the same. But it was my dream job since young, and I finally had the chance to do it.

In the beginning, nobody was supportive of me. It meant that I had long working hours, unstable shifts, and suddenly a ton more responsibilities.

I had been positioned in the East Coast for the past 1 and a half years, and it was difficult. More specifically, New York. I never got used to everything there, the prices were way too high, everything was crazy busy at all times.

However, that changed last week. When the airline told me a piece of news that I've been waiting to hear, but at the same time dreaded.

"Hey y/n" my fellow flight attendant friend, Rebecca, called out to me. "Yeah, what's up?" I asked her as I grabbed my bag, walking off the plane to catch up with her.

"The airline HQ called through the PA on the plane and wanted you to meet them after your shift" Rebecca told me as I bit my lip. That sounded bad. Usually, most of the time, the airline HQ would only require to meet staff who did horrible in their job.

"Oh okay, I'll go right now. Thanks for telling me Becca" I smiled at her before rushing off to the arrivals where tons of cabs were waiting outside the terminal.

I quickly got onto one as I sighed. "JetBlue HQ please" I told the driver as he started driving away from the airport. As I watched the building slowly get smaller in sight, many thoughts ran through my mind.

What's going to happen? Am I going to get fired? Is this the end of my career? Were my parents and friends right? I didn't even notice how fast it took to get to the HQ, but as soon as the car came to a screeching halt, I looked up and saw the HQ right in front of me.

I paid the driver before getting off as I adjusted my uniform, quickly walking into the building. "Hi, good morning. I'm here to see the JetBlue flight attendant person in-charge" I told the receptionist as she typed into her computer.

"Name?" She asked, her voice slightly harsh. "Y/n Y/l/n" I replied as she sighed. "Go up to the 5th level, 3rd room to your left. Miss Robinsons would be seeing you" She told me before I thanked her and went to the lift, and headed to the 5th floor.

As the doors of the lift rumbled open, I tried to keep my footsteps as soft as possible on the marble flooring but it was practically impossible. Once I had reached the door, I knocked on it once as I took my last few deep breaths.

"Come in!" I heard a young voice as I slowly twisted the doorknob, and entered the room.

"Hi, good morning Miss Robinsons, I'm Y/n Y/l/n, the flight attendant you wanted to meet on the 457 flight" I greeted her as she looked up from her files.

"Ah yes! Please, have a seat" She replied with a bright smile on her face. "Alright. Uh... may I just ask, am I in any sort of trouble?" I asked her as she laughed. "Oh no dear, your performance has always been excellent. Basically, the only reason we reached out to you, was because we were thinking of relocating you to another JetBlue base" She replied as my eyes widened slowly.

"W-What? Oh... okay" I hesitated as she flashed me another quick smile. "Oh, no it's not because you're doing a horrible job or whatever, it's just that we have came to a decision to expand the Carolina base, and since you're originally from the Carolina area... we figured you could be based at Charleston! You could be with your family and friends, isn't that exciting?!" She laughed as I gasped.