the last time 💔

plot: JJ and y/n are in a toxic relationship, and y/n tells him that this will be their last fight

word count: 1692

warning(s): some cussing, unedited

note: thank you guys so so much for 1k+ reads!!! ❤️

"JJ, we can't be constantly screaming at each other like this! It's been the fifth time this week, and it's Friday!" I yelled at him as he groaned in annoyance. "Shut up Y/n! You're acting like I don't know it's Friday! You're the one who causes the screaming everyday, why are you even blaming me?" JJ retorted as I scoffed. "Me? I cause the screaming? Well for all I know, you're certainly not the one doing the drinking everyday huh? You come home drunk and sloppy and you expect me not to scream at you? John B and Sarah are gone, JJ. They are gone. I know it's difficult, but you've to accept it one way or another, at least for now! God knows where Kie and Pope went, it's just us now JJ! Alright?" I rubbed my forehead as he slammed the table.

"Oh, so now you're going on and on about acceptance and moving on when you can't even do that yourself? Do you not remember how much you cried when you first found out the news? John B is like my brother, I don't think I can just forget about him and move on!" JJ sarcastically said as I rolled my eyes.

"JJ, you know that's what I meant-" I tried to argue but he didn't budge. "No Y/n, I know what you meant. I couldn't believe that you were the type, the type that acts like a selfish bitch. You only care about yourself, and how you feel, never for how others feel. And if you want me to list examples, sure! When you cried for weeks over the news about John B and Sarah, when was the one time I wasn't here for you? And now that perhaps I'm finally getting the fact that they're actually gone, you're just constantly picking on me that I'm not doing my best. How can I do my best Y/n? I'm practically suffering!" He shouted as I huffed.

"Fine! Maybe I am selfish! But what's the reason for my selfishness? I want you to get better JJ, all I wanted was for you to stop suffering! Do you think I didn't know you were suffering? But you're not putting in any effort to try and even get yourself out of this darkness, you're just letting it consume you! If you're gonna do this, how do you expect me to help you get through this barrier in our lives?" I asked as JJ slumped onto the couch.

"Whatever y/n, fuck this. You're just constantly nagging and it's getting annoying" He complained as I felt my heart crack at the words. I knew that JJ certainly didn't mean it, he was just in pain about everything that was happening. He has practically lost almost everyone, but maybe, just maybe... losing me was gonna help him get better too. I don't know how, but my gut feelings' telling me that.

"Fine JJ, then I'll leave you alone" I mumbled before turning on my heels and walking towards the door. "You always say that and end up coming back anyway" I heard him say in a louder voice, purposely loud enough for me to hear.

"I don't know JJ, maybe that was me last time. But not anymore. I promise, this will be the last time that you'll hear me nag. Maybe, to fulfil your wish, I shall leave you alone from now on. Maybe you'll be happier and do better this way. No more nagging, no more annoyance, just... simple and pure life" I said as I walked out the door of the chateau, not knowing what I was going to do once I had reached home. I had been trying so hard to help JJ overcome the difficulties of losing some of our favourite people, and it definitely hadn't been easy, but I knew that us fighting every single day wouldn't make the situation any better.

As I looked back at the chateau one last time, I kinda wished that the door would've swung open, and JJ would come running out, begging me to stay to help him, but no. There was nothing but silence. I gave a 10 seconds wait as tears spilled down my face silently. That was when I knew we were over, for good.