Pictures Of You 🤎💔

plot: y/n & JJ broke up, and she's removing the pictures of him in her house. And she's reminded of the memories they had together

word count: 6432

warning(s): cuss, unedited work

For what felt like the hundredth time today, I used the back of my hand to wipe away the tears in my eyes as I strolled from the kitchen to the couch with a glass of wine I had kept in my home.

I sat down and stared at the wall, trying to stop myself from thinking about JJ. Like what my mother had always told me, breakups are inevitable. She always said, and I quote, 'first boyfriends are usually there to help you grow and nurture you to become a better person, and sometimes help you transition into adulthood'. But it was difficult. It surely wasn't easy just to let go and move on.

JJ was special. Not only was he my first boyfriend, but he was the first who ever treated me so kind, he was my best friend, my partner in crime. He was my everything. And I had just single handedly ruined everything we've had. I let him slip by, and I knew there was no turning back.

Sometimes, I wished that my mother was wrong. But sadly not this time. Maybe I could grow from this experience to become a better person, but I miss JJ. He was my one and only, the first significant person I've ever truly loved.

Losing him made me constantly think, what if he hadn't found that letter that night? Would things have been different and continued the way it was? Would we still have been together? Looking at the letter JJ had written for me that was left untouched for days on the coffee table in front of me, tears magically appeared in my eyes again. I thought back to the night when things were unveiled, and I knew it was gonna happen, but I just prayed that it wasn't going to happen.

"That was some great dinner huh?" I giggled as I threw my bag onto the bed and walked into the bathroom as JJ laughed. "It sure was. I mean having free entertainment by drunk kooks was the best thing ever" JJ snorted as there was silence for a while.

I frowned as I put down my makeup remover and peeped my head out of the bathroom to see JJ's eyebrows furrowed as his eyes scanned over a piece of folded paper. The paper.
I tried to calm myself down as I prayed he hadn't finished reading that, or I could somehow explain to him that it wasn't my letter. But it was too late.

"Babe? Can you c'mere for a while?" JJ asked as I walked out of the bathroom, pretending not to know anything. "Yeah, what's up?" I asked as he showed me the admission letter. "Did you apply to UCLA?" He asked as I looked up at him, showing my truest confused expression.

"Huh? N-No, how would I have done that?" I scoffed as I grabbed the letter from him, scanning the contents in it for the umpteenth time. "Where'd you even get this from anyway?" I asked him curiously.

"It flew out of your bag when you threw it on the bed. Was this why you were acting so off during dinner huh?" He asked as I froze. "No JJ, I already said, I think they got everything wrong. I didn't even apply to University" I shrugged as I looked up at him to see his sad, blue eyes.

"You lied to me" His voice dropped to a faint whisper but still audible. "What? No- JJ, I did not lie to you!" I exclaimed as I tugged on his hand but he moved further away from me. "You fucking promised y/n. In January this year, you said that when we had graduated from high school, we both could take a break from attending college and travel the world, do what we wanted to do. You said that you wanted to make sure that I experience the most out of my teenage years" JJ quoted my words from earlier this year as I gulped. He wasn't wrong. I did say that.

"Yes JJ, I admit. I did say that. And f-fine, maybe I did apply to college! But it was for fun, who knew that they'd accept me? Anyway, there's no point arguing about this, it's not as if I'm gonna go" I scoffed as JJ gave me a look.