Tear Us Apart 🧡💙

plot:  y/n and JJ's relationship gets put under the test when they have their biggest fight ever...

word count: 1048

warning(s): none

note: thank you for 1.2k reads!!

I heard the door shut even though it was super soft as I turned around and got up from the couch. I saw JJ tiptoeing into the living room, hoping not to wake me, but I had to disappoint him.

"Where were you?" I asked as he immediately froze. "Y/n... hey" He awkwardly greeted me as I raised an eyebrow. "JJ, I'm asking a question. Where were you?" I asked again, my blood boiling.

"I-I was at John B's..." His voice trailed off as I scoffed. "I- Did you say John B's?!" I screamed at him as he frowned. "Geez Y/n, calm down! Yes, I was at John B's" He groaned in annoyance as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, it didn't seem to be this case when I rang Kiara earlier! She said that you were seen with some slut named Summer! How do you explain that, huh?" I asked him as I could see his eyes widen.

"Babe, Summer's just a friend!" He threw his hands in the air as I nodded. "Of course J, they're always just friends, aren't they? Then am I just a friend too?" I asked him as he bit his lip.

"No! You're my girlfriend god damn it!" He yelled as I shrugged. "It doesn't seem this way, not after you forgot our anniversary!" I screamed again as he froze. This time, he really froze for a good 30 seconds.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot" He mumbled as I nodded defeatedly. "Yeah, I know. It's kinda obvious" I laughed as he sighed. "I can explain this Y/n, I was busy! I swear I didn't mean to forget!" He rambled as I surrendered.

"Fine, if you say so. I never said you lied, did I?" I raised an eyebrow. "Now you're just being sarcastic!" JJ shouted in annoyance.

"Me? Being sarcastic? Okay sure! But who do you think triggered that in the first place?! 'Coz I know damn well that I was enjoying my evening alone until you walked in the door!" I screamed as he sat down on the couch.

"You know, me being with another girl doesn't automatically mean I'm cheating on you. I don't assume that when you're with another guy, do I?" JJ asked as I sighed and sat down next to him.

"I know..." I mumbled as I sat down on the couch beside him. "But you have to understand it from my perspective too! I've cooked dinner- and you know very well that I can't cook dinner! But for you, I've cooked dinner, I've washed the dishes. I've cleaned the house, I've set music and lit candles! And I ate alone because you didn't show up! I wouldn't say I'm mad JJ, just disappointed" I huffed as I stood up and walked towards my room.

"You can't just put all the blame on me Y/n! I forgot about our anniversary because I was shopping for a ring!" JJ yelled as my breath hitched instantly.

"W-What? You were shopping for a ring?" I whispered, just barely audible for him to hear.

"Yes Y/n! I was shopping for a ring for you! That was why I was with Summer! I asked Sarah to follow me, but she said that Summer had a pretty close finger size to you, so I went with her! God damn it Y/n, I fucking love you!" JJ screeched as I bit my lip.

I knew I was in the wrong, and I knew that eventually I had to apologise, but I wasn't gonna do it just yet.

"Whatever, I'm going to my room" I mumbled before getting up from the couch as I made my way into my room, slamming the door shut. I was upset, not with JJ, but with myself. I was upset that I hadn't asked clearly what was happening before jumping to assumptions about him cheating on me with Summer, and I was upset that I hadn't given him the trust that he had given me.

I laid in bed as I turned off the light switch, pulling the blanket to cover my body. I knew damn well that JJ wasn't going anywhere tonight, that boy was persistent. If my parents were here, he'd be home 2 hours ago. However, they were on a business trip, so here we are.

Just as I was about to fall into deep sleep, I heard the door of my room open and in walked no one other than JJ. I felt the bed dip as I took a deep breath, waiting for him to say something.

"Y/n? Are you awake?" JJ asked softly as I reluctantly turned around to face him as I felt my heart shatter into pieces. Tears were stained on his cheeks as his eyes were red and puffy from presumably the crying he did in the living room.

"JJ..." My voice trailed off as he held up a hand. "D-Do you love me?" JJ asked as I tried to hold back my tears. Seeing JJ cry was a whole different form of vulnerability. He was supposed to be my pillar of strength and support, and here he is, crying and hurt from my words.

"Yes JJ, I love you. More than anything" I told him as I felt tears streaming down my face. He instantly pulled me into a tight hug as I reciprocated.

"I'm sorry I forgot about the anniversary, and by all means I'll make it up to you for it. I don't wanna be in a fight with you anymore y/n, I don't like being in a fight with you. We can figure it out together" JJ sighed as he pecked me on the lips.

"I agree JJ, this is not a healthy way to continue" I shrugged. "We've not once been to bed while fighting, and I don't want it to happen. No more fighting from now on, alright?" JJ asked as I nodded.

He laid down next to me as I snuggled against his chest, happy that we are no longer fighting.