Meredith and I walk our way up to the nursery to drop off the girls, silence hangs in the air. I know how she's feeling without her having to tell me, she's nervous.

"Mer? Are you alright over there? I was thinking we could have dinner on the ferry boat after work today?"

"Yeah.. that sounds nice, we haven't been on a ferry boat in a while, it could be enjoyable."

"Amazing, I'll pick you up from the locker rooms at 8, don't be late Dr. Grey."

"Yes, Dr. Shepherd."

//

It's 8:30 pm and Meredith isn't here yet, could she be injured again? Could she be stuck in that storage closet? Has she been attacked again? Has she-

"Derek! I'm so sorry I'm late I was up at the nursery, Eliza wasn't taking a bottle and I was going to call you but I left my pager and phone in the scrub room, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you panic. I truly was just feeding Eliza but now I have both girls with me and I'm sorry did I say that before? Because I'm truly sorry I didn't want you to get anxious, I promise Der-"

"It's fine Meredith, you didn't cause me to get anxious it was only half an hour I knew you would be doing something important. And hi Eliza and Amelia how was your day? Aren't you adorable!"

Liar Derek, tell her you felt like all the air from your lungs was trapped and that you felt like you couldn't breathe.

"Are you sure Derek? I didn't make you worried?"

"I'm sure, now go freshen up I'll wait here with the girls and then we can head out."

"Okay, only if you're sure. I'll be out in 15. I love you, Derek."

"I love you too Meredith, more than you can ever imagine."

//

Meredith's POV:

Sitting on this ferry boat with Derek and the girls, I know there is nowhere else I rather be. They are the loves of my life my beautiful girls and my handsome boyfriend I feel so incredibly lucky to have survived the attacks and to be able to sit here with them tonight. 

Work today was surprisingly smooth sailing I was a little apprehensive but I didn't have a panic attack, I got through the day and can't wait to head back to work. I've decided to do half maternity leave and half work, so I can still make a reasonable income to provide for my little family. 

As I look as Derek as he watches the water I know I see forever with him. 

I know right now that there is no one else for me, Derek is my past, my present and my future.

Derek's POV:

God she's so beautiful. 

This is it, this is when I'm going to propose I can't wait any longer, if I do I'll chicken out.

"Meredith."

"Derek?"

"Meredith, I love you so much."

"I love you too Derek, What's going on?"

*Derek goes on one knee*

"Derek?!"

"Meredith, I know realistically we haven't been together for that long, but Meredith, I love you so much that it hurts. You are the oxygen that lets me breathe, it's as if you were a breath of fresh air, I can't breath without having you in my life. You inspire me every day,  with you're determination, dedication, and your selflessness. I love how you are obsessed with strawberry ice cream, how you still have an anatomy jane doll in your cupboard, how every night without fail you find yourself in your ratty old Dartmouth jumper. I love how your nose scrunches when you smile, I love how you snore in your sleep, I love how you cook despite how it tastes, I love everything about you Meredith. You're my past, present and my future. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and die in your arms when we're 110.  Will you  make me the happiest brainless brain surgeon and marry me?"

Holy Shit I just did that."

Meredith's POV:

I don't even have to think twice, I know my answer.

"Of course, I'll marry you Derek. Oh how I love you!"

"I love you so much Meredith, I can't bare to be without you again."

Holy Shit I'm engaged.

Derek's POV:

Holy shit I'm engaged.

And I couldn't be happier

My three girls are my everything, my oxygen, my world, my universe.

The End.

Omg hi guys..... long time no see ....(please don't hate me) I swear to God I was planning to finish the story but life kinda happened and well  1 1/2 years later,  updating was the last thing on my mind. I hope you liked this final chapter  it may be helpful to reread previous chapters to refresh (it's been that long my bad :( 

anyhow I hoped you liked this story, i'm going to try and update my other ones and possibly post my draft story. 

I apologies for any mistakes in the story, if you find some clearly Grammarly didn't do it's job.

Have a wonderful Christmas 

love  you all xx

Vote/comment if you would like to x