Chapter 6

Thank you everyone for all the love you are giving this story it literally makes my day seeing when people comment, read and even vote!

Derek's POV:

On the floor layed a letter with my name on it, it looked a lot like Mer's hand writing but I thought  she already gave me a letter so I wonder what  this letter be about? I picked it up a decided to read it when I get home after my shift finishes.

Cristina's POV:

CRAP!

Meredith is going to kill me, I lost the other letter the letter Derek isn't suppose to see the letter that tells him he is going to a father!

How on earth am I going to tell Meredith?! I had to pull myself to together and just tell her that Derek may have found her other letter.

//

Meredith's POV:

I have finally finished putting my house together, it only took me like three weeks to complete.

Although I am only 8 weeks so not that far along I just really want to do find out the gender and start planning the nursery I already have some colour schemes read, which I will choose based on what the gender will be. So, for a girl I'm going to do sage green and navy for a boy, I even have names planned, I just can't wait for this little boy or girl to come in December and change my life for the better.

I just recently changed my phone number so the only people who have it is Cristina and some of my work friends here in Michigan which also means Derek will stop messaging me constantly. Then the sound of my phone interrupted my baby thoughts I looked to see who it was and it was Cristina.

C- Mer, I'm so so sorry.

M- Why what's happened?

C- I lost the other letter, I left it in my locker and now it isn't there and I saw Derek leaving the lockers and that's when I saw it was missing. It might have fallen out and it has his name on it. I'm so sorry Mer but he could have picked it up and so he is now certainly going to find out your pregnant.

I was speechless, I knew I had to tell Derek at some point but I kind of hoped it would be later in the pregnancy, but I knew I couldn't be mad at Cristina I put too much pressure on her to keep it a secret.

C- Mer? Are you there?

M- Yea I'm here, just thinking and processing it all. Well if he finds out he has no way in contacting me so I'm out of the woods. Just if he asks you about me being pregnant agree with him but don't tell him where I am, I'll do that eventually.

C- Mer, I really think you should come back, they aren't together Derek is finding out nothing is keeping you away now.

M- Cris, you don't get it even if I come back it won't go back to normal, I will always remember that he didn't choose me and quite frankly I'm happy here, I can see a future here. I will come back to Seattle just not right now Cris, I've got to go to work now I can't be late for rounds. Send me updates x

C- Mer, you know I'm here for you always because you are my person, but are you sure? You better hurry being late to rounds means being in the pit and you hate the pit.

M- I'm sure Cris. Byyee

Okay so Derek may be finding out about the fetus and I'm a bit nervous even though I'm thousands of miles away from him.

//

Derek's POV:

My shift has just come to an end, I decided to grab some subway for dinner on the way home, as I was paying for my dinner I saw the letter and my heart began to beat faster as I realized this was from Meredith and she clearly either forgot to give it to me or didn't want me to read it. But screw not reading it, the letter was addressed to me so I'm going to read it and why would she write it if she didn't want me to read it or that's what I was telling myself anyway.

//

It began to rain, not too unusual for Seattle and as I entered I saw the signed divorce papers left by Addison, it took weeks of convincing her that we don't work anymore and she finally gave in and signed them. And I know this will make me sound like a jackass but I'm finally free, free to be me and free to be with Meredith.

I sat down with my dinner and began to read the letter. Not yet knowing how life changing this letter would be.

* the letter*

Dear Derek,

So if you are reading this letter, it means I actually had the guts to tell you this but first I need to explain to you why I stood you up.

So, when you asked me to meet with you to talk I planned to talk on the Friday because I knew I would be on a plane and partly because I didn't really want to talk to you. Derek you broke my heart more than I thought was humanely possible, you picked Addison and not only that I got constant stares and gossiped about and you walked around like you didn't just break my heart.

I wasn't going to leave but the gossiping and seeing you and Addison together was just too much for me to handle and I guess the last straw was when I saw that you and Addison were expecting and it broke my heart well because, Derek I'm pregnant and it's yours and I didn't want you to have to choose between which child you wanted more so I thought it would be best if I removed my self from the situation, and raised the baby by myself.

Please Derek, don't be mad I know you will be for a while because I left with your unborn child but please just remember I felt like I was trapped and that I couldn't breathe, and don't pester Cristina she won't tell you anything unless I tell her to.

Derek I love you and I will always love you but know I didn't want you to have to choose one child and forget about the other, so just remember that before you get all pissed at me.

Love Mer.

*end of letter*

I'm - I'm going to be dad?

So, I'm actually kinda proud of this chapter and if I'm being honest I like this fan fic more then my other one 🤷‍♀️. I hope you all like it and I have a girls name in mind but none for boys so if u have any ideas put them in comments and then I'll make my decision, if the fetus is a boy or a girl. Thank you for all the love and support you have shown me it means a lot!
Have a great day!
-Cerys