The Trial Ends

Chapter 20 X'D I can't believe i'm here already, This is the final arc of the trials it concluded with Jake's Trial - Acceptance. This is a large chapter and is very plot central ;) Enjoy... there are A LOT of hints to possible future occurances in Jake's Trials Final Part.

---------------------------------------

The Trial of Jake - Acceptance

"Hero's, Heroine's and Champions of good, the time has come for us all to gather again, we beat evil but evil still robbed us of people we loved, the time has come for us to get back the ones we love and the future we should have had." Finn finished his speech and watched as the gold dust spread out in different directions opening portals.

Marceline, Hope, Bubba, Bonnie, Belle, Marshall, Fionna, Cake, Simon, Betty, Simone, Benny, Phoenix, Phoebe, Light and Lily all stepped out of the golden portals. Jake met and hugged his niece and nephew for the first time.

"Finn... what does bringing us altogether achieve?" Lumen asked.

"We are going to change the past" Finn explained.

"Finn we both know that's not possible [Bonnie frowned] we can't go back to somewhere we already exist. I told you this years ago" Bonnie knew what Finn wanted to do, he had tried to find out if it was possible a few years after Lady's death but Bonnie knew they couldn't go.

"Yes WE cannot go because WE were still there which is why I've brought everyone here... I have something to ask of all of you" Everyone looked at Finn confused, Jake especially. Unknown to Jake Finn had spent years not just training but educating himself, Although he was nowhere near as smart as the candy or ice royals he was considerably intelligent.

"I have spent years planning this and judging by what...our Jake told us I estimated that Jake would arrive today. It's why I was here waiting for him; I have made all the preparations to see that we get the people we loved back."

"But Finn dude, we wanna see Lady come back and fix things with Jake but you know the drill? It's not possible, remember what happened when we tried before" Marshall tried to reason with Finn. Fionna and Bonnie just stared at the two, Marshall suddenly realised what he had said.

"You two TRIED? Do you know how crazy that is? You could have died" Bonnie began to lecture the pair. Fionna grabbed Marshall's hand and pulled him to the ground.

"First of Marshy don't ever do stupid things like that again and Second... why didn't you tell me... I could have come along" Marshall smirked; trust his girl to really be more annoyed at being left out than anything else.

"I'm sorry Fi, I had to try I could see how much it was eating everyone up... I'm meant to be the reason people frown not losing the people they care about" He explained hugging Fionna.

[Finn cleared his throat] "As I was saying we cannot go where we existed, it would corrupt our timeline and destroy reality I know that, but Jake cannot beat this evil on his own... if he could we wouldn't be here right now. However it would be possible to send someone to the past who was never part of that past, they could come and go as they please even when they exist they would already have formed a stable time distortion allowing it to be possible."

"But Finn that person would have to be a child..." Bonnie stopped as soon as she said it. She looked up at Belle on her father's shoulders. She looked at Hope as she hovered over her parents. She then looked at Light and Lily. "You want us to send the children?"

"Yes"

Bonnibel Bubblegum then did something no one had ever seen her do. She walked up to Finn and smacked him round the face. "How dare you even suggest that Finn... It was HELL... to live through what we did; I'm surprised more of us didn't die... Phoenix shouldn't even be here right now nor should Marceline yet you want us to send our CHILDREN back to hell. You think I don't miss Lady? You think I don't miss being friends with Jake? You think I don't want to save Lady and the others who died? BUT to suggest sending our children Finn... where did your heart go!"