The Calm Before The Storm

It's a shorter Chapter than the previous ones I'm not going to make a habit of it I just thought this didn't need to be any longer. I wanted to give the characters a chance to finish the week they started with Bubblegum and Gumball's Story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After leaving Marceline's cave Bubblegum called Morrow to take her and Gumball back to the candy kingdom. The pair were greeted by a very shocked Peppermint Butler.

"Wait… is that a male version of you?" The little butler asked confused to Bubblegum.

"Yes it is Peppermint, I advise you get in contact with Death and Hunson Abadeer. Faith is back and I know all about the Greater Evil." She told him, she was sure that the little butler knew what the others did considering he played poker with them a few nights a year.

"Then the time has come for me to take my annual leave Princess, please do not take it personally that I did not tell you, nothing you can do would have changed it and you were so close with the Immortality potion I did not want to hold you back. I have to go now; if you need of me you know how to call my Princess." With that the butler ran away to his dark chamber to open a portal to the Nightosphere.

"You've completed the immortality potion already Bonnibel?" Gumball was shocked to hear this. He had spent years on the potion and was still none the wiser as to how to create it so was very surprised to know his counterpart had.

"Yes I have and I will tell you it is amazing, I have to tell you I believe from what you've told me that the defining factor that splits our universes allowing for the differences in timelines was the arrival of Lumen to our world. Let me guess around a year ago you decided to do some research into what really happened with the humans so that Fionna no longer had to be alone?"

"Why yes but how ever did you know that Bonnibel?"

"You see Gumball I was about to do the same thing when Lumen arrived in our world. With him here I didn't have to worry about Finn being alone and could really concentrate on the potion. The Elixir itself has hairs from both Lumen and Finn in it. I think that's also a difference. They're DNA is remarkably similar but shows that they existed a thousand years apart. I used the light powers that were embedded in Lumen's hair to help settle down the chemicals within it and used the hair from Finn to add proteins of someone who is young to make sure that we don't just live forever but stay young. Then I added a fraction of pure sugar I got from the Baker's shard to make it so the Elixir of Life is designed for Candy people. I then diluted it and distributed it among the Candy hospitals so that they have a cure to all illness and can heal any injury but in its diluted form it doesn't stop aging and doesn't grant immortality."

Gumball was stunned. "Remarkable Bonnibel I must say it is clear who the superior is between us. I must request to have a look at this Elixir and your notes if you would please allow me… For science obviously"

Bonnibel blushed at the Prince's remark, she had a feeling that they were equal just that factors had weighed in her favour and she was sure the Prince knew this too meaning he was just being flattering for her sake.

"Of course Bubba, come with me I could use another test subject as well as myself to see if the Elixir fully stands up the course of time and grants immortality… for science obviously" winking at the Prince.

The two headed into the castle and spend the next few days going over Bonnie's notes, Bubba drank the immortality potion and had the same gold glow appear over his body and then disappear. Bonnie liked having someone who understood her science and enjoyed the princes company. Gumball on the other had been fascinated with Bonnie's work, he himself had done some amazing work in the last year but it didn't compare to hers. She had both gained eternal life and cured her candy people of their exploding problem with one solution. She had also upgraded the Gumball Guardians, Repaired and upgraded Sir Rattleballs so he could protect the kingdom from the shadows. She had installed a city wide surveillance system that worked better than the last and had even built bridges with Lemongrab 3. All the lemon had wanted was approval from his mother; she had recreated the Lemon people, taught them how to grow eating lemon drops and watched their Kingdom bloom. He felt a bit insignificant in compare to her and her deeds but he wasn't bothered by it as he saw how happy and passionate her work had made her. He had even helped her with a few problems she was unable to fix alone. The two were now sitting on the balcony overlooking the Candy Kingdom. They still had two days to pass before the agreed meeting up time.