A Boy and His Father

A/N: From now on the plots going to take off and its going to be very quick paced and interesting. There is both love and loss in this chapter as well as secrets being shed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's wrong Marcy?" Lumen asked worried. "Nothing… Nothing is wrong for the first time in a long time… I'm happy… and it's all thanks to you… Thank you Lumen" She pulled him in for another kiss which he happily returned…

Not long after that moment Marceline fell asleep in Lumen's arms, He envied her for it as although he could sleep he could not sleep like she was. He watched as her eye lids flickered showing she was dreaming. She had carried on sobbing in his arms for some time till she had dozed off. Lumen was grateful when she had as he didn't really know what to do it's not often someone cries in your arms out of happiness. She went to sleep with a smile on her face and Lumen couldn't help but think you looked amazing in the sunlight. He leant over and stroked away her white and raven coloured hair in order to see her face better and just smiled.

Lumen picked her up gently and began to float back to the cave; BMO who had been playing with a dancing beetle joined them. He flew them back and then shadow morphed straight into her room. He laid her on the bed and tucked her in before morphing BMO and himself back out the front.

"Dusky can do that with people too?" BMO asked when she was sure that she was out of ear shot of waking the vampire.

"Yes BMO I can do it with anyone or anything I'm touching, I'm not sure of the range though as I only really did it before in the Shadow Kingdom. I think she was quite tired" Lumen sighed; worried about the girl he had just tucked in bed.

"Marceline will be, She usually slept during the day so this is actually her bed time and according to my sensors she has been through a lot of emotional and physical stress today" the MO cheerfully replied to her human companion.

"You have sensors that can tell that?" Lumen asked impressed.

"Yes BMO does, BMO asked Moe to put them in as Finn use to lie about how he was feeling to protect BMO and stop BMO worrying." The MO explained.

"I see so you got them put in so you could look after Finn better?"

"Yes and it also enhances my ninja capabilities as it allows me to know where someone is and how they are feeling" BMO stated pulling a serious face.

"I'll remember that BMO and hope you carry on sparing my life" chuckled the prince.

Suddenly the little MO froze in her spot; her face went into an x_x face and a different voice came from her body "LICH ALERT LICH ALERT LICH ALERT" is all it said.

The MO then returned to normal with a look of fear over her face. Lumen picked her up and put her in her bag pouch. He materialized he's swords and hovered to the cave entrance. Lumen had only ever heard of that name once, he had come across it in a book scribbled on a page "BEWARE THE LICH, THE KING OF EVIL AND THE DEATH OF HUMANITY" when Lumen had asked Leaden about it Leaden had got angry with him and told him never to ask again. Lumen thought that Leaden sounded both scared and angry when he had said the Lich's name so he didn't ask again.

Lumen heard running footsteps getting closer and was not about to let something that inspired that fear into his surrogate father anywhere near his friend or his girl. He immediately swung at the being that entered the cave without hesitation. If this was anyone else the person would now either be dead or seriously injured. However this was someone who knew the prince, knew when he was close and personally helped raise him. He grabbed the prince by the wrist stopping his blades before kicking back against his chest sending the human flying into the roof of the cave. Lumen knew of only one person who could best him that easily.