Burning Bright & A Frozen Heart

The Trial of Bonnie and Phoenix — Anger and Denial

——————————————————————————————————————————

"If you are hearing this then Phoenix you needed your powers to be full sooner than I was able to cure you, there is a danger present nearby that will require your power so with this charm you can be temporary free of your curse." Lumen's voice came from the little fire emblem necklace that Phoenix had been given; he heard the voice within start to scream 'stop' but he put the necklace on and woke up.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Phoenix rose up from ground and looked at his palms; he could feel his power flowing with complete control. He started to laugh and cry lava tears as for the first time in his life... he was complete. He saw on his palm an insignia appear as he let go of all of his anger and all of his hate and for once burned with nothing but joy and calm. He rubbed it and heard a voice loudly state.

"Phoenix Flame of the Fire Kingdom, Trial Complete"

He smiled and was about to cheer when he heard a massive thud and a screamed filled the air. Phoenix turned to see the rest of the area he was in. Before it had housed just the fake lantern that had led to his unconsciousness but now, now it was covered with blood, guts, burns and corpses of what could only be described as monsters. His mouth fell over wide as he saw Bonnie standing in front of him with her back to him wielding two pink energy blades. She held them with the bladed end pointing outwards away from her with her fist tightened to it looked like she was in a boxing match but was expecting to go skiing sometime soon. She was covered in cuts, bruises, dirt and blood. Her usual appearance had changed too. Phoenix noticed the burnt remains of her usual ball gown tossed to the side. She was wearing black combat boots with pink camouflage trousers and a white vest top which showed off her slender figure and highlighted her curves. It looked more like the get up of a feminine soldier she stood facing off against a beast. She had a fresh wound on her right forearm which explained why she screamed. The monster lunged for Bonnie with its hands outstretched. She jumped up onto its arms and ran up. It tried to grab her but she quickly jumped stabbing it in the head with her blades and then sliding down its back effectively chopping the beast in two. She flicked her blades to clean off the blood and then limped over to Phoenix. He sat there with his mouth still open, he had never seen this side of Bonnie or Bubba before.

"What... what the lump? You can fight?" He managed to get out. Bonnie smiled when she noticed that he had regained consciousness and decided to pull up a seat next to him. The seat was in fact the head of a tree-golem at had attacked her as well as a fire golem. She had chopped the head of the tree golem and then pushed it into the fire one causing the fire one to burn so hot he exploded sending fire over the whole area. That was when she had sacrificed her ball gown.

"Of course, I can how can I protect a kingdom if I can't protect myself" She said in her usual matter of fact tone.

"If you can fight why do you send Finn on all of these errands?"

"Because I'm a Princess, my job is to lead my subjects and make decisions no one wants to make to protect them. Finn is a Hero and I rely on him as he is the best person for the job, I can fight yeah but Finn can find strength that no one else can, he can fight things that I couldn't even dream of and he will always win because that is who he is. He is a Hero with a heart of gold and a pure soul, I send him because it means I know without a doubt my kingdom is in safe hands." Bonnie finished oddly staring into the distance. This was the most emotion Phoenix had ever really seen her express, in her voice he heard pride, admiration... and love towards Finn. Phoenix tried to stand up but began to fall, he found himself being held up by Bonnie. He looked down at his hand and noticed that he wasn't melting her anymore and then felt warmth from his necklace. Warmth... it was an odd feeling he had to say to feel something warmer than you if you were literally made of fire.