A Place In The Sun

Hereeee's Chapter 9, It's heavily based around Lumen and Marceline meeting with only a very small section to plot development. We get to see more of his powers and know a bit more about Marcy's home improvements. Just as a note, All Characters, other than OC's, belong to Cartoon Network and Pendleton Ward. Adventure Time is their creation :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marceline was floating around her home thinking about the newest improvements she'd made to her cave. She'd added a stage so she and Simon could perform when they wanted to and it would be a little bit of fun. She also added a basketball court; it gave her more reason to invite Finn over to see her new house. She had finally finished and decided to have a little lay down on the sofa.

Marcy had been trying to list reasons for this sudden change to her house.

"Simon… I want to make him proud of me."

"Finn… I want to give him more reasons to hang around with me."

"Bonnie… I want to show you I can change if you are willing…"

But one more reason stayed… she wanted to be able to bring this light guy who had fixed everything so far. Simon had given him praise and that usually means you are something special. He was hanging around with Finn and Finn never hung around with a bad crowd. According to what Simon had said this guy had even made PB step out of her lab when they first met recalling the funny story of Finn's clumsy meeting that Simon had shared. "He has to visit me… I'm a Queen after all…" Marceline told herself. She didn't know why she was getting so bent up inside about this dude. She hadn't even met him and didn't even know what he looked like but the vampire couldn't help but imagine him. She pictured that guy she met on the hill "wolf bait" she had called him. He seemed cute, she was gonna play around with him a bit but wanted to get home to get ready for her evening with Bonnie. He seemed cute though so she wouldn't mind this mysterious prince looking like her wolf bait guy. She went through most of the day imagining her prince till she dozed off.

Suddenly Marceline heard a familiar crying sound from outside, one she hadn't heard since a little voice had called her on the phone telling her that Finn had 'cut off his beauty'. She raced to the door to see someone holding BMO tight in their arms as the little robot cried. She couldn't see Finn or Jake about and this confused her. "What the junk?"

"BMO never leaves the tree house unless she's with one of the boys… this jerk must of robot-napped her. He came to the wrong cave" Marcy went invisible, quickly snatched the little MO and put her indoors. BMO was too busy crying to notice and the robot-napper was weirdly floating and didn't seem to notice either. She drew her fist back and bonked him in the face. By this point Marcy had noticed this was a guy with mostly white hair and a black streak to his hair. He sort of dressed like wolf bait but that cutie had black hair. The guy immediately went into defensive position materializing a sword in each hand, one was black and wrapped around his wrist and the end, the other was completely white and had a few ribbons dangling off. They looked completely contrasting but seemed to work in this person's hand. He looked around the cave for his unknown assailant but couldn't find her.

"Invisibilityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" she reminded herself at first confused by the fact he hadn't returned her hit.

She flew above him and materialized her bass axe above him (a little trick she learnt to stop her dad keep taking her bass from her every time he didn't get his own way). Marceline was ready to finish it all in one blow, she was the kick ass ask questions later kind of gal. She brought her axe down on him with all the force her demonic vampire body could manage only for it to make a shuddering echo throughout the whole of the cave.