bonus scene #1

Célestine

When I walk into the kitchen at 5 a.m., Jungkook's deep in a thought. With one arm wrapped around his middle, he takes a slow sip of coffee. Early summer mornings are our new thing. But Jungkook's usually more lively than whatever is going on with him now.

"Are you meditating?" I ask, taking a sit at the table with a glass of water.

His eyebrows creased, Jungkook nods slowly. When our eyes lock, he says, "I woke up feeling a certain imbalance."

I snort at the dramatics. "It's five in the morning, baby."

He takes a bigger sip and sighs. It's a cue for me to ask for the details, not comment.

"What imbalance?"

With determination in his movements, he brings his coffee to the table, takes a seat, gives me a very serious look and says, "I paint, I cook, I garden, I do our daughter's hair."

"Where is this bringing you?" I ask.

"All of this is highly feminine."

"And? Is there something wrong with it?"

He shakes his hand. "No, I love all of it. But I'm a man, too. And the feminine and the masculine are imbalanced."

I try to hold a grin back. "Be honest, how many psychology books you've read this week."

"Three, and yes, they did influence it a little bit. But I just wasn't aware that I do have both feminine and masculine energy."

"What are you planning to do about it?" I ask, taking his mug into my hand to have a sip. I move to the counter to get myself some water.

Jungkook twists to face me. "That's what I've been thinking about this morning. I'm gonna do something... manly."

"Like?"

"I don't know. I'm gonna build something." He drink the coffee.

"Build what?"

"I don't know yet. It will be a surprise. But I'm gonna use an axe. And a drill and other shit like that."

"That's spontaneous of you."

"That was influenced by you." He smiles around the edge of the mug and finishes the coffee. "With that being said, I'm going to make breakfast for everyone and then... and then I'll get started. I'd like to request being excused from everything today."

That's not very Jungkook of him, because usually I am the one to bring up the most random ideas and give my everything into it, but I love when he's being like that. It's refreshing.

"Are you planning to spend the whole day building something?" I ask.

Jungkook snorts, already diving into the fridge. "I know nothing about building things. It will probably take the whole day if I don't want the thing to collapse tomorrow morning. And I do not want it to collapse tomorrow."

Jungkook prepares breakfast for us, leaves a lot more for Chloé. At 6 a.m., he 'begins his manly adventure' with a long make-out session on a kitchen table, and then leaves to the town to 'get ready for the rest of it'.

He comes back three hours later, leaving me to wonder what too him so long, when me and Chloé are drinking green tea in the kitchen after breakfast.

"I've got an idea," he announces at the door, catching Chloé jumping into his arms the next second. "Good morning, my baby."

"Good morning, my daddy. Where have you been?" she asks.

He takes a sit, holding her on her lap, and hands her the mug when she makes grabby hands.