twenty eight // jungkook

I've decided to believe in fate. And soulmates. And miracles. There is no other explanation as to how we found each other again. I also like to believe it's thanks to this small part of me that held onto the good feeling. I might have gotten lost on my way from one airport in Paris to the other, because I couldn't communicate well with the taxi driver. I might have gotten my baggage mixed at the second airport, where I also had to buy a new ticket to Toulouse because I was late. I also might have gotten kicked out of one hotel because of the "Top Chef" controversy (the guy in the lobby is surely a huge Sam Evans fan).

But once I settled in another hotel, an overpriced one, got a few hours of sleep and welcomed a new day, I knew it was the day. I wandered around the streets since early morning, with no clue where I was, yet I managed to be in the exact place I had to be in.

And now the past few months feel like a different reality. We're emotionally back to when we met, and we're going in the right direction again. Together.

"Technically, nothing changed. People still know me, but... I feel like since I've stopped associating myself with Tina, people caught up on that, too," Célestine says.

We're walking down a quiet street, holding hands. I absolutely adore holding her hand. She looks so much happier now, full of life. I've never seen her wear anything else than a pair of sweatpants around me, but now, without a care in the world, she's wearing a dress, looking as ethereal as possible, pushing her hair back, letting everyone see Célestine.

"And you look happier," I say, tugging her hand.

"It's only partly because of the career." She smiles. "I haven't been that happy before today."

"I think it's good we had a break," I say. "Even though it hurt a lot, I got to realize a lot of things. About myself, especially."

Célestine hums, dropping her head onto my shoulder for a second. "You do look happier, too. More confident."

"I am. This controversy changed a lot for better. I know what I truly want, and I finally had a push to go after it. And I know that I could achieve it all if we didn't meet again, but it would be a bland life."

She gives me a smile, that one I've never seen her give anyone else.

"I don't think I'd quit if I didn't meet you," she says. "Even if I wasn't aware, I think I felt that you loved me. And even if I didn't know, I was already falling for you. It gave me the courage. That month with you really showed me what I was missing out on."

Our steps slow down, as I look at her. We stop when she looks at me, too. I can't believe I was able to resist the urge to kiss her before. I could do it all the time now.

I lean in for the softest kiss, cupping her cheek. I'll make up for my mistakes, and I'll make the best life possible for us.

I'm about to meet her family, and I really hope they didn't watch the live show. At least the first impression I make on them could be positive. Célestine says she didn't say anything about me, so if they don't know me, I have a clean account.

"You confident in your French or do I ask them to speak English?" she asks, as we walk up the front yard. One thing I can say is I am in love with the neighborhood and in love with this yard. Those purple smoke bushes are insane. Whoever takes care of the plants here, I'm about to befriend them.

"They can speak English?"

"Yeah, no problem."

"I'm not confident in my French at all. I've been slacking with my lessons."

"I know." She chuckles.

I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be, but I'd still rather stick to Célestine's side for as long as we're here. Or at least 'till I know they don't hate me from the get-go.