Ch. 60 - A Sense of Déjà Vu

Start from the beginning

Looking at him led to her thinking about her dumb crush on him, and thinking about it led to her feeling flustered. She really didn't need that when she was specifically trying not to make it obvious.

She was only doing it to avoid anything like... well, what happened between them when she dropped those photos from Kaibara.

The embarrassment from just that was already too much for her.

Hitomi stopped once she'd made it to the bathroom near the cafeteria, pausing at the "Under Construction" sign propped up against the door.

Aw, come on...

She sighed, continuing down the hall to find another bathroom.

Let's just hope this doesn't make me late for class.

...

Hitomi ended up having to use a bathroom in one of the more secluded areas of the school. There was no one around, as it was nearing the end of lunch so many students were already back in their classrooms. She tossed her paper towel into the trash can, beginning to make her way out of the bathroom before a voice made her freeze.

"So? Why the hell'd you drag me all the way out here?"

She'd know that voice anywhere.

Hitomi crept to the edge of the wall, peering around the corner. Bakugou was slouched against the railing by the window, his hands in his pockets. And standing across from him was a... girl?

"Um, that is..." Hitomi saw the girl fidget, the girl brushing some of her brown hair behind her ear. Even though Hitomi was several meters away, she could see the girl's cheeks were red.

No way.

No fucking way.

She was not seriously witnessing this right now.

Hitomi needed to leave. This was a private conversation. She shouldn't be eavesdropping. Eavesdropping was wrong.

But for some reason it felt like her feet were glued to the ground.

"Well?" Bakugou grumbled, scratching the back of his neck. "I don't have all day. Class is going to start soon."

"Just, give me a second...!" the girl cried, continuing to fidget.

Bakugou huffed, staring at her expectantly. Hitomi saw the girl take a deep breath, watching as she bent over in a deep bow.

"I like you. Please go out with me."

Hitomi felt like she couldn't breathe.

Leave. Just leave! You shouldn't be listening to this!

She was frozen.

Bakugou's eyes narrowed. "Hah...?"

The girl got up from her bow, stepping closer as she cradled her hands against her chest. "I like you, Bakugou."