We finished our shopping but we decided to stop by a coffee shop to have some donuts before going home. It's a small place and our grandparents used to take us here when they were still alive.

We order our drinks and donuts so we just continue to talk. This grocery trip actually became a sister hang out.

Our food and drink finally arrive, "This brings back memories, doesn't it?" My sister sips her hot coco.

"Hey Yeji" I look up and I recognize those blue eyes.

"Cain" I set my cup down.

"I didn't know you're back in town" he smiles.

My sister fakes a cough and he finally acknowledges her.

"Hey Karina. Nice seeing you too" he says.

"I wish I could say the same" my sister looks annoyed.

I know Cain and I didn't end on a good note when we last talked but maybe he's changed now. I'm not planning to be friends with him but I'm also not gonna be rude to him if he's just here to say hi.

"You look good" he compliments me.

"Thank you" I simply answer.

"Are you Uhm, still seeing that girl?" He ask.

"Yep, married" I show him my ring.

"Wow" he looks really surprise.

"Congrats" I'm not sure if he really means it or not. He should. I doubt he still wants me.

"How about you? Are you seeing anyone?" I try to be polite and Karina is glaring at me.

"No, keeping things casual with women" he laughs but I don't get how it's funny.

The atmosphere becomes awkward now. I'm not sure why he's not trying to leave yet.

"Mommy!" I look behind Cain and there's Eva running to me, followed by Ervin then Ryujin walking behind them.

"Mommy, who's that?" Ervin climbs on my lap.

"Yeah, who's that?" Eva crosses her arms while giving Cain a death stare.

"I'm a friend of your mom" Cain tries to pat Eva's head but she dodges his hand.

"You shouldn't touch me without asking. Ryuda will beat you up" Eva is letting out her sass.

"Good morning. I was looking for you" Ryujin sits next to me then kiss me on my head.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask.

"A little birdie told me" she looks at Karina.

I see that Eva and Ervin are still in their pajamas so Ryujin must have rushed them to get here. Is she jealous of Cain?

"Hey, I'm not sure if you remember me" Ryujin stands back up to shake Cain's hand.

"Uh yea" he suddenly flinches after Ryujin grabs his hand.

I look over to Karina and she's smiling now. Eva is still glaring at Cain and Ervin is eating my donut.

"Hey kids, you want to get more donuts?" Karina suddenly ask.

"Yes!" The two goes to her right away.

"We'll be back" Karina says.

Cain sits down where Karina was seating. I'm surprised he's still here.

"Cain, I'm not trying to be rude but this is kind of a family thing we're having" I say.

Cain doesn't say anything instead I catch him looking down at my body while licking his lips.

"What the hell are you looking at?" Ryujin carefully says so other people don't hear.

"I'm just trying to remember the old times" Cain smirks.

I don't understand the sudden switch up.

"If you keep looking at her like that, you might never see again" Ryujin says in a threatening way.

Ryujin is already forming a fist with her hands so I figure we should probably go.

"Cain, we're leaving. I hope you grow up soon because no woman would want someone who acts like that" I roll my eyes.

I grab Ryujin's hand to take her away but before she stands up, she leans forward towards Cain, "If I catch you looking or talking to my wife again then I'll make sure you lose all your senses, understand?"

I drag her away before things get worst.

We're now in her car. I text Karina real quick asking if she can take the kids back home.

"What was that?" I ask while putting away my phone.

"What?" She ask like she didn't just act all jealous.

"We're you jealous?" I ask.

"Maybe" she doesn't make eye contact with me.

"Why? Since when did you start getting jealous? I'm not upset. I'm genuinely curious."

"He doesn't know boundaries. Remember when he kissed you before? It doesn't matter to him if you're seeing someone or not. The fact that he looked at you like he did when I'm sitting right next to you is just plain disrespectful."

"It's just I remember how hurt I was when I saw you two kissing in the past. So when Karina texted me I was afraid I would see that again. I trust you but that guy I don't. People can steal kisses or force kisses and I didn't want that guy to have an opportunity to do one of those to you."

"I love you" I say to her and that catches her off guard.

"What?"

"I said I love you" I repeat.

"I love that you would drag our kids out of bed so you can block a guy from coming to me. I love that you would drive to a coffee shop just to show an ex that I'm yours. I also love how you taught Eva how to say no. I mean did you see how she just rejected him when he tried to touch her head? I felt so proud" I say.

"And I want you to know that if anyone steals a kiss from me that's not you, I have no problem hitting them now" I add.

"Ohhh feisty. You must be learning from Eva" she jokes.

"Please, she got that sass from you" I laugh.

"Then she must have gotten the sweetness from you" She takes my hand and kisses it.

She starts the car and we head home.

What an unexpected start to the day.