Chapter 15 - Doing it All for Love

A/N: i hope you guys are as excited as i am ! <3

Dustin stands beside me amused at the playing. He's bobbing his head to the beat and smiling his face off. "Yeah!" Dustin yells out putting his hand into a rock sign as if he was saying rock on to Eddie.

Me? I'm fucking turned on in the upside down by watching Eddie play his guitar. His hands go up and down on the neck of the guitar. It's better then i ever imagined before, he looked absolutely beautiful. His head bopped up and down as he hit a couple of chords and I swear i should be feeling guilty for getting this horny in the upside down but it's not my fault!

The music speeds, and really, it's a good song. Maybe i'll have to listen to this as well as Cyndi Lauper. The bats are coming, a huge hoard of all of them, all at once. I grab Dustin's hand for reassurance.

Dustin looked at me, anxiety written on his face. "Don't worry." I said to him, my heart speeds as all the bats come closer. Dustin and I start to count down to Eddie, using our hands to count down the numbers. "Fuck." I whispered to myself as Eddie riffed on the guitar, his back coming back as his pelvis moved forward and his hands played the notes.

"Five!" Dustin yelled out and Eddie looked back nodding at Dustin before winking at me. I smile, biting my lip slightly. I hold my hand up counting down as Dustin does and soon, times up. Quickly, we scramble down and get into the trailer, all three of us back to back.

"I'm out of breath. I need to start working out." I say as I dry heave.

This makes the boys giggle, but our humor was not fully there. We hear crashing outside and i grip my shield tighter, looking around frantically. The trailer shakes slightly and I lift my spear up in a sad way of defending myself. Soon, something busts open. They're coming in.

The screams of demo-bats has us all go to the opening, stabbing at the creatures with the spears. We hear more scratching ad soon more openings. I go to another and start spearing them with the shield to my head. It gets overwhelming, the trailer starts to shake ands I let out a choked sob. I look to my left and right and see Dustin struggling, I quickly go over to him and start to spear his area, "Get behind me Dustin. He does as I say and I grab his spear, spearing the bats quickly.

"We have to flee!" Dustin tries to yell over the bats in pure horror.

Eddie looks at him and nods.

But what about Nancy, Robin and Steve? We cant just leave them.

Dustin is climbing up the rope and Eddie looks to me, "You next, you're quicker." I tell him, my face solemn. He nods and climbs up the rope. They look up at me.

I cant just leave them, the whole world needs us. I shake my head with tears in my eyes, "Tilly what're you doing?!" Dustin squeaks out.

"Tilly. Don't." Eddie says, suddenly getting what i'm doing. "Remember princess, there's no shame in running."

"I have to buy them more time!" I cry out to them.

"No! Tilly!"

I cut the sheet rope and look up to them, "I'll be back. Don't worry." Dustin's eyes went wide and Eddie's did too, I turn away trying to ignore their screams for me.

——

Eddie's POV

She left me. She left to go save us. To go save us all. "Tilly!" i screamed out trying to get her to come back to me, to remind her it was a dumbass idea. "Dustin! Get me that fucking chair!" I scream out to him and he had tears streaming down his face.

"Eddie I cant lose you too!" Dustin said hiccuping

"Dustin, you won't lose me if you hurry the fuck up." I said trying to keep myself together. He grabbed the orange chair and I told him to lift em up. He did as I said and I grab onto the opening, lifting myself in. "Stay here." I ordered Dustin and he nodded, but i don't think he's going to listen. Like me he quickly got attached to Tilly.

I run out, yelling Tillys name and I see a swarm of bats surrounding her. I run as fast as I can,
"Tilly!"

I watch her spear the bats from afar and she turns to me, a small smile comes to her face. I'm not going to lie, she looked bad ass. Her hair was tied up with a black scrunchie and a couple strands were blown out. She had a bruise on her face and as she heaved her chest popped out of her tan jacket. "Eddie!" She yelled out for me, "Why did you come back!"

"Because I lo-" I get cut off by something. Her screams. The bats go down on her and I watch in pure horror. My feet feel as though they won't move until I feel Henderson grab my arm and pull me towards her. The bats grab chunks of her abdomen and scratch at her face. My boots can only carry me so far, i'm screaming out her name in fear. I cant lose her.

The bats fly away and we go to her side and I grab her head putting her on my lap, "It'll be okay-" I sob, my voice quivering and Dustin's looking down at her, breaking down in tears at her wounds.

She looks up to me, "I was your knight this time." She smiles and then winces in pain.

"We're going to get you out of here." Dustin says and gestures for her to get her hands in his.

"Yeah. Yeah." I assure and try and lift her up from her back. She whines in pain and we set her down again.

"It's okay," She closes her eyes, "It's okay, go ahead,"

"No. I cant fucking lose you. We're going to graduate together and your going to go to all my sets. And- and you're going to bake for me," My voice broke and her hand comes up and cups my face. Her thumb strokes at my tears. "I fucking love you, Tills."

She winced a little before talking, she seemed like she was shivering almost, "Don't you worry Eds, i'll be there for it all." She miles and I kiss her forehead and stroke her hair.

"No, Tilly, you're fucking mine, please, please don't let go." I grab behind her back and under her knees slowly standing.

"I love you, so much..." She whispers out, as if she finally could say it, as if it had been kept in her mind forever.

The bats were slowly coming back and I look to Dustin, "We have to get her back."