Chapter 4 - The Upside Down

"Wait

"Wait...so there's another dimension?" I say, i'm frazzled by everything i'd just heard. "And it's- called the upside down, made with a bunch of DnD characters." I look around. I sit with Eddie as he eats the cereal we got him from the box. He's just as confused as I am.

"Yeah but we've fought these things before. So this time we just have to find a way to Vecna, it's weaknesses, and boom we're done!" Dustin says with a smile on his face. Eddie and I exchange a glance.

Eddie makes a sarcastic remark. "Oh! Yeah! Of course Dustin just that!"

"Well we usually have this girl with superpowers and stuff but those went bye bye." Steve explains waving his hands around.

My shoe hits Eddie's as everyone else is trying to explain the other dimension and discuss what we're going to do. Eddie looks over at me and I look up at him. We stare into one another's eyes and he then looks at my shoulder. "Nice jacket." Eddie says, his husky voice leaving goosebumps on me.

"I thought it would give me luck when trying to find you." I smile and so does he. "Why was uh..." I gulp, "Why was Chrissy over?"

He chuckles and leans in closer to me, "Why Tilly? Did you get jealous when i mentioned a girl was over at my house?" I roll my eyes. "She was at my house for something 'stronger'. She didn't want weed, so I told her to wait in the living room like I said."

I nod, "Okay." I lean my hand down playing with my keds shoestring. He grabs my hand and places it in his. I look up to him, my eyes shining and so are his.

"Hey guys, we're going to go investigate, here's a walkietalky, Tilly stay here with him to give him company." Max says as they all leave. I nod and get up to lock the shed I turn around to see Eddie now standing towering over me.

He asks while crowding me into the door, "How freaked out would you be if we made out right now, right here?"

"Highly unlikely."

He grabs my face and smashes his lips in mine. My stomach flips and my brain is playing fireworks, he's like a drug, I can't get enough of him. "Want to do something?"

"Like what?"

His lips are trailing down my neck as I move it for him to have easier access. "Like I blow my smoke into your mouth and then you blow it into mine." I feel myself shiver and he chuckles against my neck, "Oh you would like that, wouldn't you?" I try to let out noise but nothing would come out.

"Eddie-" He picks me up from my thighs and sit down on the blanket we got him for the shed. "Fuck." I mutter out when he sets me on his lap to keep straddling him. He then grips my thighs, and i feel his cold rings again on my hot skin. His name tumbles out of my mouth at the feel of his hands on me.

He looks up at me while i'm still breathing heavily. He grabs a joint from his pocket and also a lighter. He puts the joint in my mouth and lights it. He puts two fingers at the ends of the joint and tells me. "Breathe." I do as he says. He takes the joint out. "Blow." The smoke releases from my mouth in a gray puff. "Your brother would kill me right now."

I laugh, "He would." I lay down next to him to face him as he hits the joint again, blowing the smoke out. I watch him in awe, god my dreams coming true. He takes another hit and motions me over. He ghosts his mouth over mine blowing the smoke into my mouth and kissing me, the smoke transferring in our mouths. His hand rests on my ribs and one in my hair, "You have no idea how long i've wanted to do this, talk to you." I say, not thinking at all.

"Well you have no idea how long i've had a crush on you," He smiles looking away and I grab his hand. "Since you came in when you were a freshman and I was a junior I thought you were one of the prettiest girls in school." He sighs and I smile while he brings me closer to him. "I knew I couldn't ask you out, i mean you were fresh out of middle school, and I was a freak, I remember when they painted it on my locker." I kiss his neck and I feel him smile. "You don't know how much i've really fallen for you, Tilly."

"You barely know me."

"But i'd like to."

——

I wake up from commotion outside and look, it's Dustin and them. I let them in and tell them to shh because Eddie's sleeping. They walk in with a new bag of food, "So, what'd you guys do last night?" Robin asked her eyebrows going up and down suggestively.

"Just talked." I shrugged looking back at him still asleep. "What food did you guys bring?" They show me what they got from the drug store, water, coke, chips, candy, cereal, and a couple of bananas. "Are you trying to kill me from sugar!?"

Steve chuckles, "We went to a drug store, not many choices." I hit his arm. "Ow."

"You don't expect us to live off of pure sugar and carbs, do you!?"

"Yes!" Dustin says and I stick my tongue out at him. I grab a banana and sit down on the blanket again, peeling it. I feel Eddie moving by me and I turn, his arm is now around my waist, with everyone here. "Oh, yeah, you and Eddie just "talked"!" Dustin exclaims.

"Shh!"

Robin giggles, "Oh you two definitely fucked."

"No we didn't!!"

Max laughs now, we hadn't heard that laugh in a while. "You guys did something. Cmon guys we have to go." They all exit and I frown. Once everyone's gone I grab his hand, tracing the veins that pop out.

He stirs and mumbles something, "Tilly."

"Eddie?" I ask.

"I'm starving."

I laugh, "If you let go of me then I can make you food."

"But i'm comfortable!" He complains and I laugh."But also hungry..." He puts a finger to his chin as if he's debating it. "Okay, fine." I get up and go to the bag opening up the cereal and grabbing a bowl that they had brang and poured the cereal in. I tore off some banana from mine and handed it to him as I sit down. "Thanks." He says accepting it great-fully.

I look around the room for something to talk about, maybe a random fact. "I like to bake." I blurt out and he looks up listening. "I like to bake brownies, cookies, cakes. I made Jason a lemon cake on our birthday...he gave me a card." I laugh at the memory.

"You should bake for me sometime." He says and I look over at him, he's already looking at me. "I mean if you ever want to." He's shy now, already taking back his words.

I smile. "I would love to."

"I'm in a band." He says and were looking at one another again. I realize we're learning about one another, just like he wanted. "It's uh, it's nothing though."

A lightbulb goes off in my mind, "Corroded coffin!"

He smiles and his eyes light up, "Have you watched us play?!" He looks so excited.

I laugh. "From afar, i'm not allowed to exactly interact with you or any other dnd players." I look down at the blanket playing with some strong that popped out. "You played the guitar, right?"

"Still do." I imagined him playing the guitar, his fingers moving at a fast pace while he plays a song. "What're you thinking about?" He asks as he cocks his head. "You're all red."

I smile bashfully, "Oh...nothi-" All of a sudden I hear a ding. I look outside and see a large grandfather clock on the sidewalk, it was ticking. I look behind me and Eddie was gone. "Eddie?"