Chapter 5 - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

A/N: We switch POVS in the middle of the story, I will let you know when :)

Eddie's POV
She's doing what Chrissy did. She's in a trance. She won't wake up. I grab the walky talky, "DUSTIN! ANYONE! SHES GONE WHERE CHRISSY HAS, HELP ME!"

"H-Hello?" A girl voice answers, one that I don't know. "This is Nancy, we have a theory on how to get her out."

I look over at her she's still in the trance but hasn't lifted into the air. "TELL ME!" I yell into it.

The girl named Nancy answered back, "Play her favorite song. The same thing is happening to Max, as we speak!" I don't know her favorite song! How am I supposed to play it? I go to the bag she brought with her, a walkman, anything!

I find a walkman with a tape already in it and I hope for the best, I rewind it still looking up frantically. I put the headphones on her playing the tape and I can faintly hear it playing out of her headphones. "Is it working!?" Robins voice now.

I snap into the device, "Well I don't know because I've just put her walkman on!" Now she's lifting into the air. "HOLY FUCK!" I feel myself panicking, yelling into the device trying to ask them if there's anything else I can do. "Tilly! Tilly, please!" I finally got her and now she's slipping away.

——

Tillys POV

Eddie's gone, and i'm at my house. I hear the loud ding again, scaring me.

Tick. Tock.

"Tilly!" It's my moms voice.

"Mom! Mom!" I scream out running around the house trying to find her. "Mom where are you!" I hear a ding outside and I rush to the door and open it. I'm in a different room now. An odd house with a grandfather clock at the end of the hallway. The carpet leads to it and the door with a rose in the stained glass.

I call out, "Hello?" I hear static in another room and follow the unsettling noise. The dining room has a long table, place settings were all there and the radio was lively. But the room wasn't. Two dead bodies a blonde woman and girl, they looked how chrissy had been described as. Their eyes gone, blood running down there faces, and their bodies contorted in a way i've never seen. I realize where I am.

I'm in the upside down. The dimension i've only heard little about. I exit out of the dining room and find myself somewhere different. It looked like Hawkins Highs bathroom. I saw a cheerleading uniform and a girl on her knees with throwing up sounds. I open the stall door to find myself somewhere different again. I let out a soft sob, i feel queasy.

It looked like the gym, where the basketball players always are. Pictures line the wall with my brother and his teammates. Mostly him holding the trophy or him holding the medal or him with Chrissy announced as the best athletic couple in school. I feel dizzy. I've changed locations several times. I run to the gym door and soon i'm in a red area. I see a figure? A man? It's Eddie! I run to Eddie and pull him into a hug. But it doesn't smell like him, feel like him, hold me like him.

I slowly start to back away and I look up at the figure. He's terrifying. Huge. Red. Flesh like. Scary... I start running as fast as I can, the scenery around me hitting me like a truck. "You cant run from me Tilly." I feel the wet sticky air of the upside down against my skin as I sprint.

I need to get away. The bats are following me and as I look back I feel myself trip on some kind of vine? I look down and it's part of him. Soon I'm being crowded by his large figure and taken into the air. I cant breathe. I feel my eyes hurting, and my blood to my head stopping.

"Tilly, that's just too bad, looks like you and Eddie aren't meant to be. Maybe he will be my next victim, you know, he has trauma like you." I'm being thrown higher into the air. "His father left him, his mother did too. Just like how your parents only care for your brother, Jason. They emotionally trashed you. They didn't want you Tilly. They didn't want a good for nothing twin." My body struggles under his grasp.

"E-Ed-" I try and speak but my airway is closed off. I look to the left of me to see Chrissy entangles in his vines, left for dead, her eyes gone and her body mangled.

"S-Sto-" I couldn't speak, it was impossible. His hand lifts into the air and my eyes widen. His fingers are long and sharp, he dangles them over my skull and I feel the pressure in my eyes increase.

"You think Eddie can save you?" He chuckles, "Join me."

He's interrupted. By Cyndi Lauper playing throughout the world. Cyndi Lauper my favorite pop singer in the universe, the best one to ever exist. I have two of her posters hanging in my room at this very moment. If I could ever get back to the real world Cyndi Lauper would be the fifth person I would thank. After all my friends, hopefully they are my friends. At the sound of the music my eyes welled bringing back memories of Chrissy and I. I glance at Chrissy's body and felt anger bubble up inside me.

"I come home, in the mornin' light
My mother says "When you gonna live your life right?"
Oh momma dear, we're not the fortunate ones
And girls, they wanna have fun"

As the song continues I look to my left to see an opening, it's of me lifted into the air and Eddie calling for me, screaming my name in a panic. Vecna loses his grip, somehow, someway, and i'm on the ground. I run, I take my legs as fast as I can to the light, dodging vines and bats. I'm focused on Eddie. He's calling for me. "How?" He yells out, but isn't this his mind? Can't he control it all? I leap forward to the opening, only a few more steps and i'll be there.