Chapter 11 - Matress Stains

We all are looking around the room for what source is putting out these voices

We all are looking around the room for what source is putting out these voices. Steve keeps calling out and we're trying to explain that they definitely cannot hear us. "Alright, either this kid can't hear me or he's being a total douche." He puts his arms up in the air making me roll my eyes.

"Something we've been trying to explain to you." I mumble to myself.

Nancy speaks up before Steve could yell at me, "Will found a way."

Robin looks over at Nancy, "What?"

"Will." She looks around seeming lost again, "Will found a way to speak to joyce through the lights."

"Lights?" I question.

"Yeah."

Eddie looks around, "The switch. Try the switch."

I walk to the switch, "Okay." I flip the switch a couple of times, "It's not working."

Robins voice makes me turnaround, "Guys?" She looks up mesmerized, "You seeing this?"

The lights had this energy around it, sparkling and thrumming. We all reach our hands up, i smile, "It..." I look up to see Eddie flash me a smile that makes me weak in the knees, my knees buckling slightly, but i manage to stay up.

"Tickles." Nancy finished my sentence.

Robin laughs, "It kinda feels good."

"Does anyone know morose code?" Nancy asks, looking around to us.

I look around at my friends almost hopeless until
Eddie speaks up, "Does-Does S. O. S. count?" He looks down at her and then me, "Is that- is that good?"

Eddie starts putting in the code repeatedly and I hold on to his other hand looking up hopefully. "Uh guys?" I hear dustin's voice faintly. "You know how I told you they wouldn't be stupid enough to go to water gate?" A small pause, "I was wrong."

"It worked!" I squeak out and everyone pats Eddie's arm and he looks down at me. I smile at him and wrap my arms around his neck and his hands are on my waist. He leans down and we kiss, he spins me around in excitement and when we pull away my cheeks are flushed a rose pink. He puts me down on the ground again and we smile at one another. We hear a voice cough and quickly pull away with his hand intertwined in mine.

Robin holds her hand out to Nancy. Nancy hands her a wet crumpled 10 dollar bill. "Loser." Robin chuckles and we hear the kids travel up the stairs into Nancys room.

——

The kids now have set up what i can concur is a brite-lite. Nancy decided to be the one to write something and she writes a small hi. The boys and what i learned to be Erica are saying hi back.

Excited, I shout "Hi!", coincidentally the same time as Eddie. We look to one another and giggle until a Nancy shushes us which makes me lean on his shoulder secretly smiling to myself at the action.