THIRTY-THREE

The conclusion of the fight was that Aurora and Ariana both ended up with three weeks detention after school. Ariana didn't minded about it as for the first time Vincenzo wasn't angry at her. Aurora atleast deserved the terrible state of getting various food items and sticky liquid dumped all over her body. This was a past bitterness that made Ariana beat her a little too much and now she felt even more better and satisfied. 

Athena on the other hand is concerned regarding both Ariana and Aurora. She claimed that they could have sit and talk and not fight but nobody really listened to her. 

Athena was told by Vincenzo about Ioann Boris as in her uncle's real motive behind planning constant attacks on her. It was all planned. Her parents were killed brutally on their way returning home. Ioann Boris got his hands on Athena and took her away from her parents whose car was blasted to make it show like they and her died in the explosion. 

According to the Boris's family will, the first child of the family would get the whole property under their name as Athena was the only first child of Boris family, Ioann felt conflicted. He didn't wanted to give her a single penny. He wanted it to be under his name and preserve everything for his own children.

He kept Athena alive by first sending her to orphanage and then bringing Linda and John forward so they could adopt Athena and keep her locked so nobody else get hands on her. He kept her alive for sixteen years for no reason and decided to buy her so she could personally assist him as she had grown into a pretty girl, his intentions regarding Athena weren't pure but thankfully Athena decided to runaway before he could get hands on her.

In fear, that somehow the truth will come out, Ioann tried to kill her but never actually got succeeded. He stopped for a while when he found out that Athena was living in Cortello brother's residence and he was himself so confused thinking maybe he was taking a wrong person because both Ariana and Athena looked exactly identical. He thought maybe he missed something and Athena was still hiding out somewhere because Cortello brothers would know immediately if she wasn't their real sister. Even if she was Athena for whom he was chasing nonstop, it wasn't going to end good if Cortello brothers decided to involve in this matter. Because she was their cousin afterall.

But the confusion got clear away when finally Ariana entered in the scene and Ioann Boris at the moment knew, getting his hands on Athena under Cortello brothers protection is dangerous and would turn out as a pretty regrettable move. Still he tried to attack on her but never got succeeded but in the end he was killed. After finding out about everything, Athena didn't knew how to respond.

"What are you thinking, Athena?" Luciano asks her making her snap out from her thoughts. The family is sitting in the dining hall and having dinner but Athena is only playing with her food unconsciously. 

"Umm nothing..." she dragged on but she is cut off by Ariana.

"What's bothering you? Just spit it out already." Ariana says with a very tiny hint of annoyance in her tone.

"I have a question Vince...." Athena mumbles in a small tone, directly calling Vincenzo by his nickname that he doesn't seem to mind but it is the privilege that only Athena has gotten.

"What is it, Athena? Just ask away." Feeling a bit confident at Vincenzo's words, she finally decides to asks him.

"You said that Ioann had children?" 

"Yes! He actually had a 3 year old daughter Isabella, then Noel who is 7 and in last there is Joel who is turning 11 this month." He replies to her. 

After hearing his words, Athena frowns a bit more and glances towards others before fixing her eyes back on Vincenzo.

"You said that the whole property is truthfully under my name." Vincenzo furrows his brows but nods at her statement.

"Well what's going on your head?" Alexander asks confused. Bet every other member of family wants to ask her same.

"Umm-erm I just think that uh I don't really want to do anything with this property so Ioann's sons and daughter can have it all." After hearing her words, everyone freezes, the spoon in Ariana's fingers dramatically slips out and hit the plate with loud clink sound.

"Have you gone crazy? Do you even have any idea that this property is worth thousands of millions? You can't seriously kick this away because it is sure a load of money." Ariana almost shouts at her feeling agressive at Athena's incredible stupidity. 

"B-but I really don't know what would I do with this all money. I don't even want it at the first place." Athena says in her defence but even Vincenzo and Luciano are quiet, feeling lacked at words at response on Athena's extreme generosity. 

"Wow! If you have said it to Ioann Boris at the first place, I guess he must have not find the need to kill you." Vittorio comments jokingly but there is no humour in his words and that is pretty acceptable. 

"Is that really what you want?" Romeo who is sitting beside her, asks her again. Athena nods her head undoubtedly. 

Luciano shares a look with Vincenzo who nods his head as he takes a sip of his beer. 

"The property will be divided in four parts. Three parts will go to Joel, Noel and Isabella and the fourth part will stay under your name Athena." Vincenzo states. His words actually do justice.

"But I don't want anyt-" Athena is cut off by Luciano.

"Athena! It's your choice to choose whether you want the whole property or just a part of it. There are none other options available to you."

Athena scrunches her eyebrows together.

"Ok. I guess it's fine." She finally says. 

"The whole property?" Vittorio raises his brow asking her but she shakes her head.

"Just a part of it. But I really don't know what would I do with it anyway." 

"Gal! If I were you, I would have already made a whole goddamn never ending list." Ariana tells her with a small laugh. Athena smiles along with her. There are very few times when Ariana genuinely smiles or laugh with her heart. Otherwise she is always grumpy.

But all of these small moments are precious.

Get early access to the completed book on patreon. Link is in the profile ❤️