THIRTY-TWO

Everyone is little surprised to finally see the Cortello siblings present in the school. But they are legit shocked after seeing Ariana and Athena together. Ariana is walking beside Athena with her hair cut short. They both look exactly lookalike but a little different from each other.

Ariana waves one last time at Athena before heading towards her bestfriends, Max and Sarah.

"So you both are on good terms now?" Sarah could not help but ask. Max also looks interested in this topic.

"She is my cousin duh!" Sarah looks a little off at this sudden change in Ariana's personality but Max looks nevertheless happy.

"Oh right before we forget to tell you, he is back!" Sarah whispers in Ariana's ear.

"Who?" Ariana asks confused.

"Angelo Riccardo! Whoelse....." Sarah says with a small roll of her eyes but she fails to notice that Athena's facial expressions have gotten paler. It feels like ground slipped from under her feet. Her face holds a terrorized expression that Max finds concerning.

"Don't make such jokes!" Ariana whispers harshly as the teacher finally enters in the class.

"I am not joking! It's true! He has been back from since last week. But there was a huge argument between him and Stephan Riccardo, the other d--." Sarah continues to tell her though Ariana isn't able to listen to her words clearly.

She abruptly stands up from her seat. The screeching of her chair gains every attention.

"Ms. Cortello!" The teacher calls her name warningly, thinking she is going to pull some stunt but Ariana isn't in the right state to listen or feel others stares.

Her eyes snap towards Athena who is staring at Ariana with confusion filled wide eyes. She storms towards her and grabs her hand.

"We need to go, Athena!" Ariana whispers in her ear and pull a totally confused Athena out of the room while completely ignoring others surprised stares and the teacher's yells at them to stop.

"Where are we going, Ari?" Athena asks in confusion while unconsciously calling her by her nickname.

"Shh! Keep quiet." Ariana mutters angrily while abruptly tugging Athena behind herself.

Ariana pauses in her steps in the middle of her way as she hears a loud gasp coming from Athena's mouth.

"My bad sweet girl! I didn't hurt you, right?" These words, this voice is enough to send Ariana's mind in panicking state. Her heart starts to beat so loudly in her chest.

"I am sorry." Athena whispers in her usual shyly tone but that same familiar voice chuckles a little.

"You really are so sweet." He says.

Ariana wants to yell, to scream for help but she is in shock. It feels like she is paralysed from her waist down her legs. She couldn't move. Her mind is begging to her to run but her body is numb.

Athena is awestruck looking at this guy in front of her. His every move is filled with an elegance. He actually looks so pretty. His eyes are familiar looking but they are full of warmth.

She blushes feeling his intense stare on her face.

"What is your name, sweet girl?" He asks.

"Eh-uh i-it's Athena.." She replies to him.

"I am Angelo! It's a pleasure to meet you...." He extends his hand forward. Athena feels like she has heard this name before but she doesn't pay much attention. She tugs her wrist out of Ariana's hand who is still standing frozen at her feet but there are just uncountable tears rolling down her cheeks. There is an bone chilling fear present in her eyes.

Athena places her slightly trembling hand in his. Her eyes widens as he presses his lips on top of her skin. She shivers but this feels like a good kind of shiver.

"I hope to see you around more Athena.." He says but not releasing her hand out of his hand.

"You too Ariana!"

Ariana flinches at his words. Finally, he leaves Athena's hand. His expensive shoes clicked as he takes steps away from them.

"He was so pretty, Ari!" Athena blushes while unconsciously confessing to Ariana. Ariana feels her heart clench. She immediately turn to look at Athena suddenly feeling a boost of energy in her. Her body parts seems like to finally starting to work.

"Listen to me, Athena and listen good!" She says in a complete stern tone. There's nothing playfulness only seriousness in her way of speaking.

"You won't ever talk to that guy! You hear me?" Athena frowns in confusion and a little sadness.

"But wh-- wait why are you crying?"

"Please Athena! Don't worry about me. Just don't talk to him. Don't ever get close to him. He is a bad news!" Ariana grabs Athena's hand with both of her hands.

"Ok. I won't..." Athena tells her.

"But please stop crying, Ari! Do you want a hug?" Athena asks innocently. Ariana isn't able to stop that smile to slip on her face. Ariana feels like all her panic ceases within few moments dramatically.

"No! I am fine!" She tells her. Athena nods her head.

*************

"I am scared, Alexander! He is back...." Ariana is sitting beside her brothers on their table in cafeteria.

"Don't worry about him, Ariana! We need to wait until Vincenzo tells us our next move. Angelo won't be able to do anything. Stephan himself has talked with Vincenzo!"

"What do you mean 'talk'? Angelo's intentions are still not pure, I am telling you guys. I am scared for Athena mostly." Ariana whispers abruptly cutting off Romeo.

"Well what is she doing here now?" Ariana follows Vittorio's vision line to see Aurora entering in the cafeteria.

"Didn't she went to France?" Romeo asks confused. They watches as Aurora confidently saunter towards Athena who is drinking apple juice and trying to read a book while sitting beside her friend Brittney and her friends. There is a sneer covering her plastic face.

The Cortello siblings watches with narrowed eyes as Aurora snatches the book out of Athena's hands and picks the glass of her half drank juice and pours the liquid on top of Athena's head. Everyone gasps.

"This bitch just didnt-" Ariana grits her teeth in anger while standing up. Not only her but twins and Alexander also stands up simultaneously.

"She is dead!" Ariana finishes coldly while angrily, cracking her knuckles and storming towards the second section of cafeteria and in between the scene. Smirking, Alexander stops twins to follow her.

"Ariana can alone handle her...." He says while staring at the scene unfold with pure amusement in his eyes.

This is going to be fun!

Her five protectors is completed on Patreon. Updating schedule on wattpad will be one chapter once a week... Anyway the Patreon link is given in the profile and just giving you a heads-up that Older brothers previous first version 'Her Seven deadly brothers' is started on patreon and The princess and her devil brothers sequel will be starting soon. On Wattpad it will be available once my ongoing books will complete