THIRTY-ONE

Is anyone in interested in making the cover of 'Her five protectors'? I think this cover looks really old.. but what do you think?

It takes more than the week for Athena to finally open her eyes. To her surprise, she finds Ariana sitting beside her and scrolling through her phone.

"W-w-water." Athena croaks out, completely taking Ariana off guard who yelps in surprise, her phone almost jumped out of her hands.

"Holy fucking shit gir-- Oh you are up." She mumbles incoherently realizing that Athena is finally awake.

"Wait a second." Ariana's hands trembles slightly in nervousness as she pours water in glass and then help Athena to drink it by using a straw.

"I am gonna call the doctor, ok?"

"Ok." Athena mumbles back in a small tone. The doctor enters in the room, examining her and bombarding her with questions. She feels overwhelms in between their presences but Ariana handles the situation well by kicking them out nicely.

"Umm I wanted to say something." Ariana decides that it is better that she say it right now as her brothers aren't present in the scene yet. It is much easier to say now other than in front of them.

"Thank you for saving my brother and I am sorry for being a bitch earlier." She breathes in a sigh after lifting the huge amount of weight off her chest. Athena smiles faintly but before she could say something, the door opens revealing her cousins.

"Oh so glad to see you alive." Vittorio comments while dramatically placing his hand upon his heart.

"How are you feeling Athena?" Luciano asks as he presses a soft kiss on her temple.

"Good." Athena whispers. She tries to sit up a little but Alexander pushes her back down.

"It's better that you keep laying down." Romeo says. Athena smiles at their concern and looks up to see Vincenzo standing at the doorway and staring at Athena.

"Ahmm. I think you should rest a little more. We will come back soon within few minutes." Luciano makes a excuse and gestures other to follow him. When the door finally closes, Vincenzo takes a step forward.

He takes a seat on the stool and grabs her pale hand in his.

"The doctors have adviced that you drink a lot of water." He speaks the random yet concerning words that first came across his mind. Athena nods her head lightly.

"Is your arm ok?" Athena asks while looking towards his arm where he was shot that day.

"I am perfectly alright! Don't worry about me. Just tell me why did you do that?" Vincenzo just asks the only question that is keep bugging him from the past days. Athena shrugs a little not really knowing the response of his question.

"I don't really know. But I didn't wanted you to get hurt." She whispers as Vincenzo rubs circles on her hand unconsciously.

"Ok. But for the next time, don't even think about putting yourself in danger for us! We have already faced similar types of situations in past. We know how to handle ourselves but you are different, Athena! You are young and naive. You don't deserve to get hurt."

At this time, Athena couldn't say much but she only nods her head telling him that she understood but she can't promise that she would be able to keep his words when again the similar situation would arise in future.

****************

Three days later, Athena was finally discharged from the hospital. Luciano immediately pulls her into his embrace as soon as she takes a step inside walking through the front door.

Ariana rolls her eyes a little watching their interaction but nevertheless gives Athena a small smile. Athena notices immediately that Ariana has cut her hair short till her shoulders.

"Good to see you back home." Vincenzo says while holding a familiar looking thing in his hands. A wide smile sprawl over Athena's face as she grabs it in her hands.

"Duckie..." She hugs the stuffie close to her chest.

"Thank you." She grins as others looks at her with adoration in their eyes. Even Ariana's eyes softens. Suddenly Ariana realizes how different Athena is from her. Even though they look and talk exactly like each other but their personalities are completely different. Athena is just like a little kid. So innocent and kind.

Ariana can only hope internally that nothing more bad happen in Athena's life. She prays that Athena never catches eye of someone like Angelo. He will ruin her just like he has done to her.