part forty-six

i woke up with a smile on my face

not because of the actual sleep i was getting nor because i have been sleeping in a man's arms, a man that has slowly creeped into my heart and laid itself a comfortable nest but because..

it was elijah's birthday.

My son's birthday.

he was turning four and i couldn't decided if i wanted to cry happy or sad tears, happy because he's turning into this amazing, intelligent and full of energy kid but sad because he's learning how to do things himself, soon his mama won't be needed because he will be a man of his own, a gentleman perhaps because i will not raise a shitty and disrespectful boy.

i struggled getting out of Vincent's arms but when i did i quickly hurried to the bathroom, Vincent had moved most of our-mine and Elijah's-things into his bedroom and bathroom little by little, all my skin care and hair products laid on his counter along with mine and Elijah's toothbrush, a smile took over my lips and i took a look at myself in the mirror.

i look good, happy and someone might say i even look in love.

but i wouldn't know i have never been in love, never loved anyone besides Elijah.

after i took care of my business, i brushed my teeth and washed my face, rubbing a cream on my face, then i took ahold of my spray bottle and sprayed my curls with water pulling them back from the dead.

once i'm done i snuck out, tiptoeing out of the room and shutting the door after me leaving the two man that mean the most to me cuddled up in bed, i rush down the stairs and into the kitchen were the sun glared through the windows making everything look alive, with a quick glance at the clock letting me know that it was only 7:36 AM in the morning which left me plenty of time to bake the cake i had been planning for quite a while now.

for the last two weeks i had been taking baking lessons, i wanted and needed to bake Elijah a birthday cake, i knew it would mean so much to him since it would be his first ever baked cake from me to him.

i slid the apron on tightening the strings around my waist before slapping the cookbook open on the counter, i took my time searching for the ingredients, planting them on the counter when i had found them and soon enough, the once empty counter was one with a shit tons of ingredients leaving me with a big question mark hanging over my head.

"alright, i got it" i puff out a breath, taking ahold of a big bowl slowly i read the ingredients and added the measurements of each ingredient into the big bowl, i had planned to bake a cookie dough vanilla cake decorated as a soccer ball, the newest obsession of my little guy.

i added the wet ingredients to the dry ones and let the mixer do it's job, whilst the ingredients mixed i started filling the island in the kitchen with decorations for the cake, black and withe fondant, edible markers and stickers along with candles, after i had laid everything out i pulled out some balloons to decorate the kitchen.