The Nina Project

At the Nina project, Doctor Brenner watched Eleven's progress on the screens. The machine recording her heart rate was beeping in the background; her heartbeat was fluctuating to a wild degree.

He spoke as Doctor Owens stepped up from behind. "This would have gone so much easier if we'd had Four here as originally planned." He turned to Doctor Owens. "Did we get far in finding her?"

"We managed to track her from Hong Kong to Belgium, but lost her after that." Owens said. "The problem is, we can't actually catch her- the moment anyone gets close to doing so, she simply convinces them to let her go."

"Hmm." Brenner mused. "Perhaps a different approach is required."

"Like what? She won't talk. She's not driven by money- else I'd absolutely have just hired her. The most we can do is just follow at a distance and keep an eye on her wherever she surfaces. She's clearly found someone who can make her fake ID's and other documents." He shrugged. "If all she's doing is a world tour, I'm inclined to just let her do it. As long as she doesn't get the idea to interfere with something large-scale, we should be fine."

Brenner stroked his fingers thoughtfully across his chin. "Four could... fix an election, if she wanted. Sway soldiers. Influence a tyrant."

"Maybe. It would actually have to occur to her to try it."

"We are on the edge of a war. There are people who would kill for power like that." His eyes flicked to the screen with Eleven. "Like either of them." He turned to Owens. "Which is why, with the deaths going on in Hawkins, we need to know where she is. Where would she be going? She has no home; no roots. Where would she go?"

Number Four On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara