Chapter 28

THEY'RE BACK IN BUSINESS

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

Rumours had it that our superhero duo had fallen apart, that the recent sightings of Ladybug flying over Paris (and taking people's under garments) was the start of the end for our dynamic duo, but as always our favourite couple have proved us wrong and are back in business bigger and badder than every.

The famed heroes are currently battling what we believe is an akuma near the River Seine close to Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris. This is the first one to grace Paris in three years and luckily for us Ladybug and Chat Noir are back and straight into action.

The Ladyblogger, our very own, Alya Cesaire will be covering live updates from the attack via our Twitter page.

To keep informed don't forget to follow us, and most of all don't forget to stay safe Paris, it's happening again.

•••••

Even after three years, the exhilaration of battle was still strong, and although she may complain and throw her dummy out the pram sometimes, there was something about it. Just something so miraculous.

The laughter continued to spread as they made their way towards the detected 'akuma', citizens below them probably thinking they'd lost their minds. Ladybug had always been so focused on her job, so straight and narrow that the idea of her and her partner (who everyone thought were in the middle of a 'lovers quarrel') running and leaping over rooftops whilst teasing and laughing was unheard of.

The shouts and cheers of passers by rang in her ears, as she mentally prepared herself to do something she hadn't in almost three years; since they'd last seen the Butterfly Miraculous. Regardless of what was happening, the stakes this time were higher. They had something to live for now, something more than ever before. When they'd last battled the Butterfly holder they were broken, angry and extremely aggressive, a stark contrast to their situation this time.

She didn't know whether knowing Chat's identity was going to be her strength or her undoing, but one thing was for sure; everytime her partner, her friend, her love, fell in battle, her determination increased. Nothing was greater than the need for the return of a loved one.

The 'Akuma' had settled itself near Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, crouching and surveying from the protection of the Gargoyles. In response, they positioned themselves on top of their old collège, crouching as much as possible to hide themselves; Ladybug's red not exactly the greatest of camouflage.

"So what's the plan?" Chat Noir said, looking towards her. His eyes were sparkling with the same energy as she knew her own were. The need to get back out on the battlefield and kick some akuma ass.

She looked over towards the beautiful stained glass windows of Notre-Dame; the circular, colourful design almost sending her into a hypnotic trance. Ladybug looked over the situation trying to make sense of what the 'akuma's' powers were and whether she needed to call for her 'Lucky Charm' right away.

As if hearing their plee, the 'akuma' lowered herself down and onto the ground surrounding a group of tourists in what looked like the ends of her dress. She was beautiful, and Ladybug couldn't help but think there was a reason she looked this way. It wasn't just something to be aesthetically pleasing, but something to entrap men.

"She's a honey," the words tumbled out of Ladybug's mouth without a moment's thought. There was zero doubt in her mind that the akuma currently enticing all men to come closer to her was one of her own. One who lured men into the deep depths of desire and absorbed them into her own army. A rather impressive array of 'Kens' stood behind her as she moved sultry around the area.