Chapter 27

GOOD OLE 'GABE'

Recent rumours have circulated that Gabriel Agreste, 50, has been discharged from hospital but no one knows exactly where this once top fashion designer has disappeared too.

Those close to the family have neither confirmed nor denied the rumours of Gabriel's discharge and once again we have no news from Adrien Agreste, 23, Félix Graham de Vanily, 23, or Vivica Agreste, 22.

It seems Agreste Bodyguard, 'The Gorilla' has been 'let go' as his services are no longer needed. Though 'The Gorilla's' primary concern has always been to the younger Agreste, over recent years we have seen less and less of the model/actor with the big guy.

'The Gorilla' will be remembered as the Akuma form 'Gorzilla' where he released charge Adrien Agreste from the top of the Montparnasse Tower only for the son of the famous fashion designer to be saved rather spectacularly by Ladybug, the start to what we believe was Adrien's long term crush on the superheroine.

The last known person to see M. Agreste was assistant and close family friend Nathalie Sancoeur, 46, who had been in to drop Gabriel his favour sweets, toffee bonbons.

If anyone has seen or knows anything relating to the discharge of Gabriel Agreste please drop us an email via our informant page or tweet us @modemania

•••••

Adrien watched the video a couple of more times to just make sure that what he thought he saw was actually what he saw, and oh yes, it was 100 percent correct. Vivica only responded when Félix demanded, whilst he held onto the necklace.

Still sitting in his bed, Marinette was chatting away in hushed whispers to both Tikki and Wayzz trying to figure out if this was possible, but of course it was. Why wouldn't it? Why wouldn't someone as despicable, as vile, as his father do something like this? The sentibeing was probably his creation, but then again wasn't she Lila's girlfriend?

His head was spinning, this tiny tidbit of information blowing apart the jigsaw he'd slowly been working on in his head for the past few years, the one he thought he had almost completed. How wrong was he!

Moving the covers off his body he slowly stood and headed for the door.

"Adrien, are you okay?"

He stopped at the handle, turning around to see a worried Marinette looking back.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'll be back in a second."

He watched as she climbed out the bed, wearing his tee from the day before, and made her way towards him. "Don't shut me out." Her words had so much meaning; they'd promised not to do this anymore, he didn't want to do this anymore.

Her hand cupped his jaw, his whole body melting into her as he closed his eyes and embraced her affection.

"I'll be right back," he whispered, "it'll make sense then."

He bent down, placing a delicate kiss on her lips before walking out, closing the door behind him. Adrien made his way down the hallway, passed the silent guest room, until he reached his study.

It was a pretty empty room. A desk. A chair. His computer. He didn't use it often, preferring to sit at the kitchen counter with his laptop and do his work from there. Moving over to his bookcase, his finger traced along the spines of his many, many books, stopping on the one he desired. 'The Great Gatsby'. Removing it from the shelf and opening it, he tilted the book allowing a key to drop into the palm of his hand.

Clutching into it tightly, he made his way over to the portrait of his mother, one oh so similar to his fathers, and placed the key in the side lock. The portrait released, free to be moved, revealing an electronic lock as entrance of the safe.