Chapter 13

HITTING THE MARC!

Marc Anciel, 23, has been approached to write the new animated children's television show 'Miraculous: The Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir'. The talented writer, known for his work on the 'Miraculous' anime comic book series, alongside his significant other Nathaniel Kurtzberg, 24, was approached after the latest instalment in the film franchise was a huge flop.

Marc had been suggested by Ladybug herself to take over the writing for the up and coming television series aimed at children from the age of 5 - 10, though she hopes the nostalgia of the films, plus the attention grabbing storyline, will feed through young children to older audiences, especially those who have grown up with the heroes.

Marc gave us an exclusive on how he is feeling taking on such a tremendous role.

'[I] am eternally grateful to Ladybug for recommending me for this new role, writing and producing an animated series of the much beloved movies.

Ladybug and Chat Noir have been a big part of my life for the past ten years, so being able to promote their legacy is one of the greatest achievements in my career to date.'

The reinvention of the Miraculous franchise fills us with hope as both Ladybug and Chat Noir have supported this change in writer, being happy that Anciel was approached and even more so when he agreed. The future's looking bright.

In other news, Saturday night sees the anniversary of Paris' François DuPont Collège, home to many of the city's greatest talents. Along with Marc Anciel, the school has played host to other celebrities such as actor and supermodel Adrien Agreste, socialite Chloé Bourgeois, tech giant Max Kanté and Olympian Lê Chiēn Kim. Our own Alya Cèsaire will be present at the event ready to report back on any exciting news.

Don't forget to keep up to date on the latest gossip by checking out the 'Mode Mania website and Instagram page.

•••••

When Adrien had told her it was going to be a late night it hadn't quite hit her what that exactly meant.

It was now one in the morning and she was struggling. If it wasn't for the constant buzz around her, passing her a couple of ounces of enthusiasm every time someone passed, she would most likely be in Adrien's trailer curled up on his sofa and asleep. She had no idea how Adrien was still going. He'd been out the previous night with Félix, yet here he was giving a stunning performance at stupid o'clock in the morning.

She wandered around towards the concession table searching for another coffee to try and keep her eyelids open. Caffeine ... She needed caffeine, and she needed it now.

"You know, if you keep drinking that stuff you won't sleep once we're finished."

A bright eyed Adrien Agreste walked up to Marinette and all she could think about was how much she hated him at that second. All beautiful and wake ... damn him!

"If I'm going to make it to the end of this shoot I'm going to need at least a dozen more of these."

"Good luck on the plane journey home then, because I'm quite sure you'll be wanting to spend most of it in the toilet."

Marinette rolled her eyes and continued her mission for coffee. "Aren't you a delight?"

Regardless of the scalding hot temperature, she took the cup in her hand and allowed the liquid miracle to slide onto her tongue, immediately burning it and causing her to squint.