Mae and Julia looked at me shocked. Julia who always has a bored expression also looks quite shocked.

I can't blame them. I'd be as shocked too, considering how I used to just walk away even when people were calling me names and laughing at me at my old school. 

But, something snapped inside me when those stupid girls were passing such cheap comments about Angelina. It's the first time I felt such immense anger. 

Even when my foster parents hit me, I used to cry over it, but never raise my voice against them. But today, I slapped that girl without even thinking for a second. The anger was too intense to think properly.

Maybe that's what it's like when you care about someone.

Wait.

Care?

When did I start caring about Angelina?

It's like I started caring about her, even without realizing. It's not bad though! She's my sister and I have to care for her.

"Arianna", Leah's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

I looked at her and she just shook her head.

"Can you stop zoning out! You can share anything with us. We know you are tensed, but talk to us.", Leah said sounding concerned.

"Sorry. I was just thinking.", I replied, smiling apologetically.

"Why did you slap her? Although I know she might have deserved it!", Julia said.

"Yeah, why did you slap her Arianna?", Mae asked.

Oh no!

What should I say?

Is this how I'm going to tell them the truth?

What will they think of me?

"Maybe if your parents are associates of her father, then maybe they can talk to him and not get you expelled.", Mae said, thinking out loud.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.", Leah nodded.

"Who are your parents Arianna?", Julia asked.

"I-I uh I um M-My b-brother is m-my g-guardian.", I stuttered out.

"Oh! Who is your brother then?", Mae asked.

"H-He is a b-businessman.", I replied.

"No, she is asking his name. What's your surname?", Leah chuckled.

Oh my god!

Why did I end up in such a situation?

Should I have just told them the truth in the morning?

Maybe that's why wise people say procrastination is not good. I understand it so well now.

What will they think if I tell them I'm a Marino?

Ugh.

First that stupid girl, Elena or whatever her name is.

Second, Vince.

Now my friends.

Can my life get anymore interesting!

Note the sarcasm.

"Arianna, snap out of it already!", Leah groaned.

I shook my head and looked at them. Julia was looking at me curiously, Mae was just looking at me and Leah was glaring at me. Maybe because I zoned out again. I smiled sheepishly.

"What's your surname?", Mae asked again.

I felt like groaning and banging my head on the wall. Why can't life be a little less disastrous!