𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝟐.𝟎

@theshaderoom: (SWIPE FOR MORE)
The Red Carpet for the moonlight music event is star-studded! Celebrities in attendance include: Beyoncé, Drake, Doja Cat, Tone Vincent, Chloe & Halle Bailey & many more!

~

Jazmine was at a table across from her favorite artist. She wanted to speak, but her mouth wouldn't let her. She knew that if she opened her mouth to say anything she would embarrass herself. That would have been fine if she wasn't there with Tone. She had to behave herself.

The last thing she would have expected was for her to initiate a conversation.

"Jazmine, right?" Summer carefully moved over a seat closer tucking her dress. "Jazmine Green?"

"That's me," she responded cheerfully. 'Be cool' she said to herself. "I love-"

"I love your- I'm sorry. You go first."

"I just- I love your music. You're in every single one of my playlists!" The very thing she didn't want to do. She was fangirling. Swallowing hard, she figured it was no point in being cool now. "Still over it was everything."

"Thank you," she replied smiling. "I love your entire vibe. You are gorgeous, and your clothing line? Incredible."

"You've seen my clothes?" Jaz asked excitedly, holding her chest.

Summer laughed, "That two-piece you wore at the Bulls game was iconic girl. I got it in every color."

Jazmine was a little stunned. She'd realized her line had grown since she had been around Tone, but not to this scale.

"Do you do customs?"

"I do! Did you have something in mind?" She asked being more relaxed. It was strange to be speaking so comfortably with somebody she'd followed over the years.

Summer grabbed her phone off of the table handing it to Jazmine. "Here let me get your number and we'll talk. I think yo boo thang is about to perform."

Jaz chuckled softly taking the phone and typing in her number. As soon as she handed it back, sure enough, Tone Vincent was announced. She looked up at the stage eagerly. She'd been waiting on this all night.

The lights of the stage went up, and there he stood. He was no longer wearing the stylish blazer and white button-down he had on the red carpet. He was suited in a black tailored tuxedo with a black shirt underneath. There was a golden pin on his tie that linked a chain to his chest pocket. Inside the pocket itself sat a red flower. He looked dignified and suave.

Jaz swallowed hard as the music for Sway by Dean Martin began resounding through the building. Though the melody was consistent, the sound was different. There was a more Rhythm and Blues feel to it, stripped down to mostly guitar. When he started to sing the room fell quiet enough to hear a pin drop.

"When Marimba rhythm starts to play, dance with me, make me sway," he sang softly into the microphone. His eyes were shut tightly with convection as his hands caressed the stand slowly. "Like the lazy ocean hugs the shore, hold me close~ sway me more."

Many people had sung this song before, including the most popular version sung by Michael Bublé. She had never heard anybody sing it like this. The emotion of his voice, the riffs and runs that followed each line. It was romantic and sultry like he was really taking his time with it. She slightly shivered.

The entire performance she couldn't take her eyes off of him. She'd heard him sing growing up, and she'd listened to his music. The way he was singing now was a lot different than church songs and his usually emotional soundtracks. This was the new Tone Vincent. It made the temperature of her body rise.