𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐉𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝟐.𝟎

Looking in the mirror, Jazmine watched a curl fall past her cheek. There were two stylists, a hair and makeup duo, and all kinds of jewels, shoes, and accessories scattered around her bedroom. She was dissociating heavily. It felt surreal.

Taking one last look, she rubbed her lips together. They were painted a vibrant red and outlined with a dark brown. It looked a lot better than it initially sounded to her. Her hair was tied up into a bun of loose curls, with a single curl framing her face. She could barely recognize herself.

When she stood, they helped her get into the dress. It was floor-length with long sleeves and a turtle neck. There were cutouts at the hips and between her breasts that fell perfectly into place. When they zipped her in, it fit her like a glove. The second stylist stood behind her attaching a velvet train to the piece. Everybody stepped back and looked over her with admiration.

"Perfect." The stylist said after adjusting her train.

She looked around, thanking them humbly.

When she walked out of the elevator, Anthony turned his head to get a glance. Instead, it was a double-take. He grinned scanning her from head to toe. For a moment he was speechless.

Jazmine had always been a beauty. She wasn't a stranger to elegance, thanks to her upbringing. However, the vision of her at that moment was like something from a movie. She was breathtaking. His chest felt tight.

"How do I look?" She asked softly. He was so awestruck he didn't even register her speaking. She stepped closer raising an eyebrow, "Ant?"

"You look amazing Jazzy," he replied with a half-smile. As he finished adjusting his cuff links, he approached her snapping out of his daze. "Damn, I  almost asked for your autograph." Holding his arm out, he took her hand and guided her to the car.

He couldn't help stealing a few more glances. His eyes were like a magnet to the patches of exposed skin showing through her dress. His heart was thumping in his chest like a bass drum.

Though she hid it well, Jazmine felt self-conscious the entire ride. They'd been seen in public together numerous times, but this was new. It was the Moonlight Music Event. This event was heavily publicized and exclusive. Celebrities from all over were here to celebrate a night of artistry. It was making her jittery.

When they arrived, she could already see the flashes of cameras in the distance. There was a roar of snaps and murmurs. The red carpet looked like it went on for miles. There were so many people, so many celebrities, and so much press. She felt like she was going to be nauseous.

Anthony could see the anxiety rising in her. When the driver opened the door, he stepped out first. Taking her hand along with the end of her dress, he led her out slowly. "Don't get in your head. Okay?" He said softly.

She looked down taking a few deep breaths. It was too late, she was already overthinking. "Does my makeup look okay?" She asked worriedly, picking at her dress. It suddenly felt glued to her skin. She was getting more hot and uncomfortable by the second.

Taking both of her hands he leaned down to look into her eyes. "Hey, listen to me. You look like a fucking superstar right now. You make me look like the plus one," he started, making her chuckle softly. "Those cameras don't even exist. It's just you and me. If you get overwhelmed, just look at me. I got you."

It didn't shake her nerves, but his words gave her comfort. The way he'd always been able to read her emotions and tend to them made her feel warm. Biting the inside of her lip, she nodded slowly.

Hand in hand they began walking the red carpet. She tried to be more confident, but once she saw the blinding flashes of light she nearly froze. Anthony looked back at her with a soft expression and squeezed her hand. "Let's do this Jazzy," he urged.