One step beyond

- Give me one reason why I shouldn't blow your head off right now. - Threatened the corrupted version of the guardian of positivity.

- Straight to the point, all right then. I was told that you could... - But before Killer could finish his sentence, an arrow composed of the familiar black substance was fired into his skull.

Unlike before, this time due to the short distance it was not possible to dodge the projectile, resulting in a skeleton with part of its head missing stretched out on the ground. But it didn't take long for it to regenerate as if nothing had happened.

- If you know it won't work then why...

- It's still a pleasure to shut your mouth. - And again a shot was fired. And as expected the wound was healed in a matter of a few seconds. - Certain habits never die. Now listen, I don't know what you have been told, but I can't help you so if it is a master you are looking for I am sure there are several versions of my brother out there who would love to have a new puppy, so get out.

"I believe the term 'motherfucker' would be the more correct term when used instead of 'exotic'." - Thought Killer as he remembered the words of his human version.

- There are no other versions of my boss here. - Commented Killer as he stood up.

- Of course there are, maybe you just haven't seen them. - Said Dream without ever lowering his bow.

- I know who you're referring to, I've actually seen other Nightmares around, but they're not the boss I'm looking for. - At the end of his sentence, a shot was fired into his shoulder, but Killer didn't even seem to feel the impact as his body didn't move.

- I'm not in the mood for mind games, I don't care how broken and needy you are, I don't...

- You're not listening. - Removing the projectile from his shoulder and throwing it to the ground, Killer continued. - My boss is someone with the guts and determination to rule an entire multiverse and kill everyone in his path, so much so that he succeeded. So it wouldn't be a bizarre little place like this that would bring him down.

- I get it, you lost the love of your life and you are in denial, my answer remains the same. - Ignoring the debauchery, Killer showed one of the rare moments where he actually spoke seriously to analyze something.

- He is dead, I know that, and there is no way to bring him back. - Walking over to one of the broken windows, his gaze landed on the small figures moving on the horizon. - At first I thought there shouldn't be much difference between one version and another, but looking at you... I can see that I was wrong. This place may not allow physical death, but it causes the mental death of its inhabitants.

"A philosophical Killer, living and learning... I guess." - Dream thought to himself.

- Never would someone like my king allow himself to be beaten by a place like that, but what did I see out there? Gazes of defeat and acceptance, even the Nightmares that should be a symbol of power showed they had become empty shells, shadows of what they once were. I refuse to follow someone like that. - Looking away from the horizon to his listener, Killer approached him. - I can tell that this place hasn't broken you either, so you might be able to help me with what I want. I want a new multiverse with a Nightmare as strong as mine.

- For someone who seems so loyal and devoted, aren't you in a hurry to find a new leader?

- And what do you expect me to do? Cry and behave like the losers out there who can't accept their losses? No, I have a life to live, so that's what I'm going to do. - Hearing all this talk, Dream finally lowered his bow and let out a long sigh.