Preparations

The beginning of the plan was easy to understand, locate and capture the unselfish little skeleton. But after this step no further instructions were given other than to watch the prisoner indefinitely, thus resulting in an impatient and ill-tempered Dust.

At first Blue still intended to remain silent, but as time passed and nothing new came up, the little Sans began to say out loud the thoughts that were on his mind.

- So this necklace can cancel magic? That's very convenient, and annoying. - The fact that in the next cell was a chatty prisoner didn't make it any easier for the hooded monster. - And you opened a glitch portal earlier, how did you do that? And how long am I going to be here? By the way, what does your boss want with me in the first place? - Holding the bars as he tried to spy on his jailer, Blue kept trying in vain to get answers. - Do you do anything else but go from one AU to another killing everything in your path? Do you even get paid for doing this work? If so, how much? And also...

- You really like the sound of your voice, don't you? - Trying to cover his non-existent ears, Dust was almost willing to return to the cycle of hell in his home universe rather than continue listening to his prisoner's nonsense. Almost.

- Funny, Dream said the same thing once before. - Sitting on the floor with his back to the bars, Blue continued. - Actually, my brother also said something similar, something about me being too hyperactive when I was small.

- You are small. - Remarked Dust quickly, but his prisoner didn't even seem to hear him.

- And speaking of brothers, it's crazy that your boss created a war in the multiverse because of family problems, don't you think? I mean, sometimes I have problems with my brother, but things have never gone that far. By the way, don't you also have a Papyrus? What does he look like? - Remembering the information Dream had told him about his brother's underlings, Blue regretted it soon after the words left his mouth.

- I killed him. - But to his surprise the answer was more natural than he had expected. - If I didn't do it, the human would. It was better to be done by my hands. Not that I expect you to understand considering the relationship you have with your Papyrus, you would never be able to do that.

- You see... the multiverse is a very big place with many possibilities, I myself once saw a version of myself similar to yours. He also killed everyone he knew to fight the human. - For the first time since the conversation began, Dust looked at his prisoner with a certain interest.

- I can't imagine this, but even if it's true, it's still not you. - However, his attention was stolen by the pain in his chest.

- Indeed, I could never hurt my brother, although I already have. - Noticing the distraction of his jailer, Blue noticed the bruise he had inflicted on Dust. - Sorry about that, you should seek treatment.

- Don't apologize, injuries are normal in battle and I've been through much worse than this. And what do you mean you've already hurt your brother?

- Error, remember? He made us fight and... I was forced to kill him. But things were resolved with a RESET, which makes me wonder, couldn't the same be used in your case?

- Then the human would come back and I would be stuck in the genocide cycle again. - Dust felt uncomfortable commenting on such matters with a stranger, but for some reason he decided not to end the conversation. Perhaps in an attempt to alleviate some of the loneliness he felt within himself.

- Couldn't your boss just get you out of there or imprison the human? That should be something simple for him.

- And why would he do that? It's easier to give orders to someone with nothing to lose.