Bad Omen

While performing household chores, Stretch occasionally watched Blue, who was watching TV with a bored expression. From the time he was little, his little brother had always been a magnet for danger, from wanting to become a royal guardian to facing the worst the multiverse had to offer. And as expected, the little guardian did not take kindly to the news that he was practically a prisoner in his own house.

But being unable to travel through the AU's on his own, and with his so-called friends not making a point of taking him along, there wasn't much Blue could do but accept defeat.

Constant arguments were made by his brother to convince him to stay, initially these arguments generated more arguments and fights, but after finally accepting the decision they only caused lazy positive nods of the head. Although the acceptance only served to further distance the brothers instead of bringing them together. But that was something Papyrus was bound to change.

- Have the panic attacks stopped? - Asked the taller of the brothers as he continued to do the housework.

- Yes. - Just like the last few conversations, Blue used short, quick answers as a demonstration that he was tired of arguing.

- And the nightmares?

- They stopped too. - Lied Blue.

- What was it like?

- I don't want to talk about it, bad dreams don't come with instruction manuals so it's hard to explain.

- I meant what did it feel like to kill everyone?

- What? - With a tone of voice that finally distinguished itself from a robot, Blue was startled by the question.

- When Error controlled your soul and forced you to kill everyone, how did it feel? - Despite the sensitive topic, Stretch continued to carry out his tasks calmly without even making eye contact.

- I thought you never wanted to talk about it again, why did you suddenly bring it up? - Blue said as he hugged his legs, taking a defensive stance on the subject.

- What happened that day is what caused your current condition, isn't it? Continuing to avoid it is clearly not helping, so I will ask again. How did it feel?

- I don't want to talk about it. - Blue affirmed as she tightened the grip around his legs.

- Then I will change the question, why do you want so much to protect strangers who don't even know you exist? - Silence was his only answer. - Are you trying to prove something to others or to yourself? No one is demanding this from you, so you don't... – His speech was interrupted by a scream.

- It was sickening! The feeling of not being in control of your own body and killing those you have lived with all your life is horrible! - Finally losing his patience, Blue finally made his brother look him in the face. - Why do you want to reopen these wounds?

- Because they will never heal if things go on like this. - Papyrus finally stopped his chores and sat down next to Blue. - You have traveled through many worlds similar to ours and seen many judges, so you should know better than I do that all the Sans who chose to bear all the burden and responsibility alone became depressed at best, while others went mad. And by closing yourself off and not talking about it with anyone you are just repeating the same mistakes of those you fight so hard to protect.

- I know it's not your fault, but... you weren't there when I needed you, because I wasn't strong enough. I don't want that to ever happen again, and with Dream and Ink fighting more and more often, I felt that I needed to be even better to make up for it.