An exotic dream

The desire to build a group that would help him conquer the multiverse is something many guardians of negativity share, in a multiverse where those responsible for maintaining balance are humans, things are no different. But the standard script that many groups run by Nightmare would follow would be changed due to a choice made by the leader himself, which would eventually lead to his downfall.

After Dream's betrayal, Nightmare consumed the forbidden fruit and gained his corrupted form and murdered all the inhabitants from DreamTale, and as a consequence his brother turned to stone and was left alone until Ink found him and then undid this state. But in this multiverse composed mainly of humans, Dream was a girl who after petrifying herself, was eventually taken by her brother to his castle, or more specifically to the deepest floor where she was locked away never to see the sunlight again.

The reason was ambiguous, maybe her brother regretted what he had done and kept her with the intention of bringing her back someday. Maybe he wanted to make sure that no one would be able to revive her and he hid her for this purpose. Or maybe he himself didn't know exactly what to feel and just decided to keep it around until he thought of something. But what he didn't expect or wish for, was that someone would find her.

As an adventurous child, Killer liked to explore the darkest corners of the castle in the hope of finding a secret passage and discovering some embarrassing secret of his boss, but he never thought he would find something like this.

The place was lit only by candles, but even the lack of light could not hide the beauty of the statue in front of him. The immediate charm of such a sight would eventually become fascination and finally obsession. Who was that figure? Who did it represent? Why was Nightmare guarding it so secretly? Consumed by such questions Killer took courage and asked his boss, even though he knew that exposing the fact that he had discovered a secret could earn him a beating. And this did indeed happen, but not in the way he expected.

Several times Nightmare had beaten his subordinates with the intention of disciplining them, but this time it was different, Killer understood this at the first blow. His boss was trying to kill him. A battle of life and death against the one he had sworn loyalty to was taking place, and as desperate as it was, in the end there was a winner.

Clusters can be interpreted as a group of twin multiverses, usually with few differences between them, and among these many differences, various events can have the same, similar, or different outcomes. This particular fight had several.

In some multiverses Killer was simply killed, in others Nightmare came to his senses and stopped the fight, in others something occurred that interrupted the fight. But in one multiverse in particular, the unexpected happened, Killer emerged victorious and murdered his former king, becoming a regicide.

Much time had passed since then, the remaining members of the group, now without a leader, simply took their own course, since Killer had no interest in commanding them. And after much research in the books and records of his former boss, Killer finally found the answers he sought.

To his surprise, the statue did not exactly represent someone, the statue was someone. And once a certain artist was convinced to help bring the statue back to life, Killer finally had the supposed love of his life to himself. Or so he wished.

Upon discovering what centuries had passed, that his brother was dead, as was her entire AU, Dream fell into a great depression. Any attempt to cheer her up was in vain, and although a certain relationship did emerge between the two, it was not enough to alleviate all the sadness Dream felt. Until the day the girl took her own life due to regret and the desire to be reunited with her only family.