Duties

- What was your duty? - Asked the ominous voice in the room.

- To cause negativity in an AU and escape before it caught the attention of the guardians. - Answered the other voice with an embarrassed tone like a child who has been caught doing something he shouldn't by his parents.

- And what did you do? - Questioned the sinister voice again after sighing to try to keep calm.

- I got a little carried away and things got out of hand, but you see, I...

- You lost track of time and spent the entire day playing with the humans on the surface using a chainsaw in ways I don't need to explain. Where did you even find that thing?

- It's a funny story actually, I... - His speech was interrupted again when a tentacle hit to the top of his head.

- It was a rhetorical question. Then you defied my orders once again to run away in case Ink showed up and then tried to fight him, resulting in you getting beaten up and making me come to your rescue personally.

- Yes, but in my defense I...

- And finally, you still had the nerve to throw a tantrum saying that you didn't need my help, even though I saved your life. - Contrary to expectations, no excuses came out of his disobedient subordinate's mouth this time. - You're not going to try to make excuses anymore?

- Is there any chance that I will get away with any punishment?

- Perhaps, if you are convincing.

- Then in that case I... - His speech was cut off when a tentacle hit his face like a punch, sending him flying across the room.

- I lied, you will surely be punished. Guard duty for a full day, go to the underground and keep our prisoner company.

- You know how much I hate being on guard duty! It's boring to stay down there all day with nothing to do! - Despite the blow, the victim simply stood up as if immune to pain. A demonstration that he was used to this kind of treatment.

- It is called punishment for a reason, now go replace Dust and ask him to come over here. Any more complaints and I will increase the amount of time you have to stay down there.

Knowing that any further discussion would only make his situation worse, Killer then just left the office quietly. At least until he reached the door and shut it hard enough to almost break it.

- TWO DAYS!!! - Screamed Nightmare from inside the room, but the target of his complaint just ignored him.

As he made his way through the dark corridors of the castle, Killer began to remember the events of the AU he had been in until a few moments ago. Events that made him reflect on his vision of the self-proclaimed guardians of the multiverse.

Certain positions that are accompanied by great responsibilities can sometimes become burdensome, especially when they are involuntarily imposed on the lives of certain individuals. Since since its inception, there has been no option to accept or deny such obligations.

Reaper, the one who is charged with spending most of his existence harvesting the souls of the dead and who has been cursed to never be able to have any kind of physical contact with a mortal without killing him, would be a good example. However, whether in greater or lesser proportions, there are also others who seemed to fulfill a tiresome and exhausting task without having the luxury of simply ignoring it.

One of the main duties of Ink, the guardian of AU's, is to protect it from outside threats, and besides a certain glitch who loves to increase his workload, recently a walking oil well was also hell-bent on causing chaos in universes that should be positive. AngelTale is a universe with gentle humans and monsters, one of the few places where monsters can not only see the sun and stars, but also fly among them thanks to their wings. But everything became chaos when a monster in possession of a chainsaw appeared.