"Why? What's going on?" Faye said, controlling her laughter.

"They are always on my ass about these damn reports! Like, go ask someone else! It's my day off!" Gabe said.

"They always love to boss you around," Faye said.

"And they can kiss my ass," Gabe said.

"You know, they were acting differently that night when I stayed late," Clark said.

"Different, how?" Gabe asked.

"Well, for one, they came into my office and asked if I was okay because they overheard Walter worrying about me. And then they offered to give my assignments to Walter for me," Clark said.

"Walter was worried about you?" Gabe asked.

"Yeah, I was a little inattentive, but nothing to worry about. And what's weird is that they came to me on their own. They never come near me unless Walter sends them to me. You know they don't like me." Clark said.

"Yeah, you're right. They've looked at you as a threat since you're new." Faye said.

"And they can keep viewing him as a threat because our Clark is about to be the top dog," Gabe said.

"And I don't understand why they wanted to give my stuff to Walter. I don't trust those guys near my things. They could've trashed it or tampered with it." Clark said.

"And you're smart for that. If there's one thing that I learned from working at this company is never to let Theo and Damien lay a finger on your work." Gabe said.

"They did something to yours?" Clark asked.

"No, but I've seen it happen to others. First, they offer to help them, then the next day, Walter complains about missing assignments. So you dodged a bullet." Gabe said.

"Your game is something special, and as I heard Walter say, it could save Interfire." Faye praised.

"I hear him say that all the time, but I don't know if it's true." Clark doubted.

"Don't you dare say that! I believe that it will! From what you told us about the game, it's definitely a hit!" Gabe said.

"And when it does becomes a hit, all of the hardcore gamers will be talking about it!" Faye said.

"Gosh, man. You guys really know how to hype me up." Clark said with a smile.

"I know potential when I see it! And I believe in you." Gabe said.

"Thanks, guys. I really mean it. Besides Walter, you guys are the reason why I enjoy coming to work.

"I think this calls for shots!!" Faye said.

"No! I am not drinking again!" Clark said.

"You're only saying that because you didn't pace yourself properly!" Gabe said with a laugh.

"And y'all didn't help me? Some friends you are." Clark said.

"Oh, we did. But you kept saying, 'I'm a big boy, mommy!! I can handle myself." Faye mocked.

"I said that?" Clark asked with an embarrassed look on his face.

"And many more, but I'm not gonna torture you!" Gabe said.

They all laugh at the memory of seeing Clark in a drunken state of mind.

"So whaddya say?" Faye asked.

"Okay, let's do it! I just won't do much," Clark said cautiously.

"That's my boy!" Gabe said.

"Yo, Jimmy! Round of shots, please!" Faye shouted.

A man brings a tray with six tequila shots for them to take two each.

"So what should we toast to?" Clark asked.

"To you for making Interfire Entertainment rise again with your brilliant project!" Gabe said.

"I will drink to that!" Faye said.

"Ahh, you guys are too much!" Clark said.

They clink their glasses, downing their shots, followed by another. Throughout the day, Clark had felt he had a real support team.

Aren't they such a great trio?? We're getting more time with Clark, Faye, and Gabe! How do we feel about their friendship? And let's talk about Theo and Damien! Were they actually tampering with work? Do you think they were planning to ruin Clark, or were they actually being helpful?
Vote! Comment! Follow! Share!
Bye!💋