Chapter 36

Mason and Ben got out of the car and walked inside of the base with long strides. Everyone dropped their gaze and scurried away at seeing them enter. The temperature inside dropped a few good degrees from the icy presence of the two scowling men. The murderous look on their faces was terrifying.

Mason opened the door of his office and walked inside followed by Ben. Damien was inside the office, talking on his phone.

"Where is dad?" asked Mason.

"Out," answered Damien. "He and Toress went to one of the bars where we have spotted some of the Spanish spies. He is worried sick for Alie."

Just then the door of the office opened again and this time Rich walked in followed by Xander and Hunter. Rich looked like a glacier, cold and hard. His eyes were emotionless and terrifying.

"You don't have to be here." said Mason, looking at Rich. "It's okay, you can stay with Kate."

Rich scoffed. "Those mother fuckers killed my child and hurt my wife in the worst possible way." he seethed angrily and his hands curled into tight balls. "I can't rest until I kill every single one of them."

Mason nodded understandingly and looked at Xander who looked extremely calm and collected. "Did you find anything about the mole?" he asked.

"We are searching," answered Xander. "Most of those who knew about the safe house died last night. We need all of our men and need their trust. We can't randomly accuse and torture them for answers. It's a dire time and we need loyalty more than anything. Though a secret group is working through our people's recent activities to see if they can find anything suspicious."

"Did the tech team track the attacker's cars?" asked Rich.

"They checked the footage of cameras around the city." answered Damien. "They found them, but lost the track of them when they changed their cars inside of an underpass on the outskirts of the city where there were no cameras."

"I already sent a team to search the cars they left." said Mason. "But they found nothing there."

"I'm going to the bar Albert has gone and will search around for any leads." said Ben. "There is no point in staying here and waiting."

"I will come with you." said Rich and followed Ben out of the door. 

"Let them be." said Damien when he saw the look of frustration in Mason's eyes. "We will cover their places here."

"Thank you." sighed Mason. "They want to look tough, but they are both mourning inside. I can't be hard on them."

He then turned his head to the boys. "A few groups of our men that had left to do missions will be back in half an hour." he said. "Go and make sure everyone is ready for attack. Also, keep an eye for any suspicious activities."

The three nodded and turned to leave the office. 

"Xander!" called Mason and stood up, also causing Xander to halt and turn to him. "You stay a bit."

Mason walked around his desk and toward his brother, scrutinizing Xander's face intently. "You look so calm." he stated the obvious. "No offenses, but it's so out of character for you. Should I be worried about any reckless actions from your side?"

"Don't worry." answered Xander firmly. "I want Anna and Alison back as soon as possible. The thought of them in the hands of those bastards who they are afraid of is burning me alive. But I know by acting recklessly I will only make more trouble and it can take longer to find them. I want to act wisely to have them back soon. I want Anna in my arms safe and sound as soon as possible."