045. MEETING WITH LUCIFER

Start from the beginning

"We are in the furthest reaches of Hell, limbo, where I send the unruly souls for timeout."

"This is where I meet with Lucifer?" Sam asks.

"What it lacks in ambience, it makes up for in security." Crowley says. They come up to an empty cage and Rowena paints sigils on it.

"Makes your flesh crawl, doesn't it, Moose? I get it. I'm the king of this place. It's still not my cup of tea." Crowley says.

"I don't know, Crowley. I'd say it suits you. Dark. Empty." Sam says.

"Fascinating. The utter contempt, when I'm in the midst of saving the Winchesters' bacon, again." Crowley says.

"The point of this is to save everyone's bacon, including yours. Let's just hope she knows what she's doing. This cell won't hold crap if the warding isn't right." Sam says.

"Don't you worry about me, Samuel. I'm a professional." Rowena says.

"Are you certain you can do this without actually opening the cage?" Crowley asks.

"We are about to find out, aren't we?" Rowena smiles. She starts to recite the spell and soon a fire surrounding the cage rises a few feet.

"Now, let's have a go at that cage." Rowena grins. Soon the sigils start to glow, the fire still going. Sam walks away, Ophelia watching worriedly, and she quickly follows him.

"Hey." She whispers, getting his attention. "You okay?"

"Not really." Sam mumbles. She looks down, seeing him press his thumb into his left palm.

"Uncle Sam? You've got this. I'm right here." Ophelia assures.

"Yeah. Yeah." Sam nods, but Ophelia can tell he's still internally panicking.

"Here." Ophelia pulls her phone out and goes through her photos. She finds a picture of Libby, it being of the girl laughing after she beat Nathan at Uno one time. Ophelia shows the picture to Sam, seeing his shoulders relax a little, and his anxiety drop a bit.

"Just think of her." Ophelia says.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"What do you want of me?" They hear Lucifer ask.

Sam clenches his jaw, slowly walking over. Ophelia puts her phone up, trailing after him.

"Sam Winchester. My old roomie. Hug it out?" Lucifer asks. "Oh, and little, Ophelia. My favorite psychic. Haven't seen you since you were ten." He says. Ophelia doesn't say anything, keeping her expression cold.

Crowley and Rowena move away, no longer able to hear the conversation.

"I gotta say, I'm a little in the dark about this meeting. Am I up for parole? Time off for bad behavior?" Lucifer asks, laughing. "I don't really get visitors."

"If it weren't for the crisis top-side, you wouldn't be getting one now." Sam says.

"Crisis?" Lucifer asks.

"You're aware of the Darkness?" Sam asks.

"Yikes, that doesn't sound good. Um, I'm aware of what she was, but that was eons ago." Lucifer says.

"She's been released. So now she's somewhere or everywhere on earth." Sam says.

"How ever did that happen?" Lucifer asks.

"The point is... she poses a threat to all that exists, including you."

"Hmm. Oh, that leads me to my next question. Where's the big burrito himself? Where's God in all of this?"