043. COSTUME KILLERS

Donna had called Dean and called about a possible case and the five get to the police station.

"Sheriff. Hey." Dean whispers, getting her attention.

"Oh! You all are a sight for sore eyes!" Donna exclaims, hugging the brothers before hugging the girls. "I don't know you." She tells Nathan.

"Oh, uh, I'm Nathan. I'm, uh... I'm her friend." He points at Ophelia.

"Oh. Just friend?" Donna asks.

"Yes." The two teenagers answer. Donna eyes their close proximity, not fully believing them.

"Okay-doke." Donna shrugs.

"What, are you working all 10,000 lakes now? This isn't usually your beat." Dean says.

"Just Larsen County, what with the cutbacks and all. For the most part, it's been tater tots and lemon drops, except for this doozy. I mean, when you get a call about a killer Easter Bunny, you don't know what to think." Donna says.

"Well, you think crazy." Dean says.

"Guy's real strong, too. Lashed out at several officers. Took a whole team just to get him into custody. But that's not the weirdest part -- bunny head won't come off." Donna states.

"What do you mean?" Sam asks.

"I think she means it won't come off." Libby remarks. Both Ophelia and Nathan snort at her comment.

"Tried everything short of a chainsaw, but it's really stuck. I mean, who knows? Could be nothing. Guy could just have a big melon like my Uncle Wally. But ever since I've seen what goes bump in the night... I'm not taking any chances." Donna says.

"You did the right thing, for sure." Sam tells her.

"Maybe. I'm just still not 100% sure this is our kind of case. but if, uh, you got a wild hare... see what I did there?" Dean smiles. He looks at Ophelia who disappointedly shakes her head.

"Who you got there, sheriff?" A police officer walks in.

"Gentlemen, kids, this is Officer Stover. He's lead on the case." Donna introduces.

"Agents Elliott and Savage." Sam says.

"They're shadowing us for a school project." Dean lies, motioning to the kids.

"Huh. Nice to meet ya. And please, call me Doug." The cop says.

"These two fine fellas will be helping out with the old hippity hop." Donna says.

"Oh. We're gonna need it. And not that Sheriff Hanscum isn't doing a bang-up job. We're lucky to have her." Doug says. The group stand in awkward silence for a few moments. "Well, I better get back to it."

"Uh-huh." Dean says as Doug leaves.

"What?" Donna asks, noticing the others' looks.

"Hey, it's none of our business, but it looks like somebody might have a crush." Dean says.

"Yeah, it's like Nathan around Ophi sometimes. He gets nervous and rambles or accident--" Libby's cut off as Nathan covers her mouth.

"Kids." Nathan awkwardly chuckles, lightly patting Libby's head. He ignores the heated feeling in his cheeks. Ophelia looks straight ahead, not missing the small smirk on Donna's face. Ophelia tries to look anywhere else, but catches Sam's eye, the man smirking.

"Shut up." She mumbles, punching his side. Ophelia tries to subtlety cover her red cheeks.

"I was born at night, Dean. Not last night." Donna says.