027. DARK CHARLIE

Claire ended up leaving, Cas letting her go off alone. Nathan is staying at the bunker since Cas is constantly out and looking for a way to get rid of the Mark. It took a lot of convincing for Dean, but Sam easily agreed to letting the boy stay.

Sam and the kids are in the library and Sam hangs up the phone with Cas as Dean walks in.

"You made egg white omelets?" Sam asks as Dean puts a plate in front of him.

"Yeah." Dean sits down with his own omelet. "Breakfast of champions -- you know, if you're a dork like you."

"And you slept past 7:00." Sam notes.

Ophelia gets up and walks to Dean, feeling his face with the back of her hand.

"You don't feel warm." She says.

"Very funny." Dean says, shoving her hand away and she smiles.

"Yeah, well, until we get answers on this Mark of Cain, I am on a 12 step program not to backslide." Dean says.

"12 steps?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Hey, if Cain found a way to live with it after going dark side, then I just got to find a way to keep it in check, so haven't had a drink in a week, eight hours of rack time every night, and... now this masterpiece."

Ophelia feels Dean's face again.

"I'm not sick." Dean tells her, swatting at her hand.

"That's three steps." Sam says.

"Shut up and eat." Dean says. Sam takes a bite of the omelet, Dean quickly doing the same.

"Wow. That's--that's awesome."

"It's crap." Dean says. Libby walks over and grabs his fork from him. "Ugh. God. Soon as we get rid of this demonic tramp stamp, I am back on the booze, burgers, and... more booze."

Libby takes a bite of the omelet. Her face scrunches up in disgust, the girl spitting it back out onto the plate.

"Beautiful, Libby, thank you." Dean says sarcastically, grimacing at the chewed up bite of omelet on the plate.

"Yuck!" Libby exclaims, going back to her seat.

"Tell me you got something." Dean begs his brother who has nothing.

~ ~ ~

"What the hell?" Sam mutters while looking at his laptop.

"Cain or Crowley?" Dean asks.

"Charlie." Sam states.

"What?" Ophelia asks, rushing over to him.

"Charlie?" Libby excitedly asks, rushing over.

"This, uh, tech genius Charlie? Who, uh... who doesn't think Ron and Hermione should be together?" Nathan asks.

"Yes. She's amazing, aside from some of her Harry Potter opinions." Ophelia says, recalling many of the arguments the two have had.

"Is she back from Oz? She didn't call?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, uh... she's been busy." Sam says.

"What the hell am I looking at?" Dean asks, the four watching the video of Charlie beating somebody up.

"So, you know, I was looking into the news, checking for anything weird, right? I found this story about a torture vic. Apparently, some kid videotaped this at his next door neighbor's house." Sam says, showing them the video.

"What are you saying, Charlie tortured someone?" Dean asks.

"Uh..."

"Our Charlie? Yea high, wouldn't hurt a Hobbit, practically sparkles?" Dean asks, taking his phone out and calling her. "Come on, Charlie, pick up."