039. BABYSITTING

Dean pulls up to Jenna's grandmother's house.

"Well, nice neighborhood." Dean says, him and Jenna getting out of the car.

"Yeah. I pretty much grew up here. Learned to ride my bike down the road. Had my first kiss at that blue house over there. Lost my virginity up there." Jenna nods to the places she refers to.

"I'll bet blue house was pissed." Dean says.

"She was." Jenna says. "Do you mind?" She asks.

"Yeah." Dean takes the baby. "Hey, beautiful." He coos. He smiles softly as he remembers being able to hold Ophelia like this.

"Anyway..." Jenna says, getting the stuff out of the car. "That's why I asked you to bring us here. After everything that happened, it just feels safe." She says as they make their way to the house.

"Well, good. Safe is good." Dean says. Amara starts to fuss so Dean shushes her, bouncing her a tiny bit.

"You're so great with her." Jenna says.

"Well, what can I say? Chicks dig me." Dean smirks. "Plus, I had a lot of practice around fifteen years ago." He smiles softly, glancing back at Ophelia who is still in the car and using her good hand to throw up M&M's in the air and try to catch them in her mouth, pouting each time she fails.

"Well, look, I should, uh..." Dean says.

"Right. Sure." Jenna takes the baby back.

"You're gonna be okay, both of you." Dean assures.

"I know. What about you and Sam and Ophelia? Are you gonna be okay?" Jenna asks.

"Well, for us, the bar's pretty low. See ya." Dean says.

"Dean." Jenna calls, getting him to stop. "Thank you... for everything." She hugs him.

"Jenna!" Her grandmother calls and Jenna makes her way to the house while Dean returns to the Impala. He gets in, eyes immediately finding the mess of M&M's on the floor.

"Oh, come on, really?" Dean groans, looking at his daughter in annoyance.

"I am injured. Give me a pass." Ophelia frowns. "Think of it as payback for you almost murdering me... twice within one year, may I add."

"You really know how to play the guilt card, don't you?" Dean asks and Ophelia smiles. "Just eat them, would you? No more tossing and failing at catching."

"Fine." Ophelia sadly mumbles, sticking an M&M in her mouth.

+++

It's nighttime and Dean is driving, heading to wherever Nathan texted that him and Libby were. The two had gotten out of the tree and woods, finding a nearby diner.

Ophelia is asleep, her head resting against the window.

Dean's phone rings and he sees it's Jenna, answering it.

"Ghostbusters. Jenna, hey. Uh, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down. What's wrong?" Dean asks. Jenna tells him and immediately brakes, making a U-turn, driving back to Jenna's grandmother's house.

+++

Dean pulls up to the house and helps Ophelia get on his back before getting out of the car.

"Hey. Where's the kid?" Dean asks Jenna. He has his hands under Ophelia's legs to support her, her good arm wrapped around his shoulders.

"We got another problem." Jenna states.

"Figures." Dean says.

"I tried to stop her, but my grandma's real Catholic, and after the crazy, she called her priest, who sent over an exorcist." Jenna explains.